X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlohaBulletin.com

Cool site at www.alohabulletin.com
    Looks like craigslist, pretty cool.
    Craigslist seems to be infested with unrelated mainland SPAMs.

Re: Hawaii's Own Craigslist

Originally posted by kahuna_big
    Cool site at www.alohabulletin.com
    Looks like craigslist, pretty cool.
    Craigslist seems to be infested with unrelated mainland SPAMs.
    What a self serving ad this is....

I checked out the site.... there is only 1 post... and I would imagine that it is probably from you...

How can you say pretty cool... unless it's your own site?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      What a self serving ad this is....

I checked out the site.... there is only 1 post... and I would imagine that it is probably from you...

How can you say pretty cool... unless it's your own site?
      I guess I build a whole site just to sell my car, LOL

Comment

I guess I build a whole site just to sell my car, LOL
        There are easier ways to sell your car, to be sure! But you just might've built a site with the intention of promoting it...and your car (or a friend's) just might've been the first listing! There's nothing wrong with that. However, your initial post could be considered spam and that's not allowed on HT. Members get huhu at that!

Comment

ok now here's where I found the site
          http://www-ee.eng.hawaii.edu/~saiyoot/

I guess it's Saiyoot Nakkhongkham's dream project.

Comment

ok now here's where I found the site
            http://www-ee.eng.hawaii.edu/~saiyoot/

I guess it's Saiyoot Nakkhongkham's dream project.
            Hmmm...Saiyoot hasn't updated that page since 2002. Why would you promote an old classified ad type site that has only 3 ads posted? And why would you promote it as your first post here? Might you, just possibly, bear the initials, S.N.? Inquiring minds wanna know?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Hmmm...Saiyoot hasn't updated that page since 2002. Why would you promote an old classified ad type site that has only 3 ads posted? And why would you promote it as your first post here? Might you, just possibly, bear the initials, S.N.? Inquiring minds wanna know?
              Actually Tutu...

I think this might be a case of... ignorance

maybe he posted his car there...then thought...hey all tell all the people at HT that I've been lurking on... and then thinking he stumbled upon something all of us might be interested in... yada yada... he sent out his post...

I'm thinking the poor guy he named in his earlier post must be feeling quite pissed that his name was posted in this fashion? If it's not him directly.

I would be... or did he have permission from the guy to post it here?
              Last edited by damontucker; May 15, 2006, 05:59 PM. Reason: correcting post

Comment

Actually Tutu...

I think this might be a case of... ignorance[...]
                Yep! It could be any of what you mention, Manoa. I just felt like diggin' a little deeper. It's not something I normally do but I needed a diversion from bathroom plumbing problems!

Dang...it's cold tonight!

Comment

Re: Aloha Bulletin

you people have too much time making up stories

Comment

you people have too much time making up stories
                    you got that right...

Comment

AlohaBulletin.com

This is a message board. Telling stories is what we're all about!

If our questions are so weird, just let us know why your first post here was to advertise AlohaBulletin.com, and why all your subsequent posts are limited to this thread as well. A lot of us are web developers, and share our own projects all the time, but we do prefer everyone be up front about it. (As you'll find, though, we can be a little blunt when asked for feedback.)

I certainly don't think it's Saiyoot Nakkhongkham's project. He linked it in or before 2002 (and there was nothing there in 2001). But the domain name expired in August or September the following year, and was likely snapped up by someone else. Perhaps by whoever is developing the site now.

Looks like a basic off-the-shelf CMS (Drupal/Mambo) with a Craigslist clone module or two -- same as StudentDemand.com or eFreeList.com and a dozen other sites. Doesn't exactly scream Hawaii. Or Aloha, for that matter.

I'll stick with Craigslist. Even the nuts there make it entertaining.

Comment

Re: AlohaBulletin.com

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        This is a message board. Telling stories is what we're all about!
                        Yeeah that's what I did, I told my story of I found a cool website, if you don't like my story don't read or respond to that. simple as that, better yet I 'm asking the admin to delete this.

If our questions are so weird, just let us know why your first post here was to advertise AlohaBulletin.com, and why all your subsequent posts are limited to this thread as well. A lot of us are web developers, and share our own projects all the time, but we do prefer everyone
                        Because I wanted to share something with you guys and you guys are so defensive.

be up front about it. (As you'll find, though, we can be a little blunt when asked for feedback.)
                        I certainly don't think it's Saiyoot Nakkhongkham's project. He linked it in or before 2002 (and there was nothing there in 2001). But the domain name expired in August or September the following year, and was likely snapped up by someone else. Perhaps by whoever is developing the site now.
                        You can think anyway you want, you think the website says "last updated 2002" really means 2002, this must be your first day on the net, maybe the dream project is finally coming true.

Looks like a basic off-the-shelf CMS (Drupal/Mambo) with a Craigslist clone module or two -- same as StudentDemand.com or eFreeList.com and a dozen other sites. Doesn't exactly scream Hawaii. Or Aloha, for that matter.

I'll stick with Craigslist. Even the nuts there make it entertaining.
                        Maybe you should email the guys over at allohabulletin.com and suggest them to add some hibiscus/palm tree/beach pictures to make it more aloha!!
                        LoL, I like craigslist too, we have something in common especially those M looking for W ads, cracks me up everytime.
                        Last edited by kahuna_big; May 16, 2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Kahuna....

My predictions... after making comments to PZ such as..."this must be your first day on the net..."

I have the feeling your about to get some heat put on you real soon!!!

PZ probably knows more about the "Net" than most of us combined on these boards.

Manoa
                          Last edited by damontucker; May 16, 2006, 05:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Kahuna....

My predictions... after making comments to PZ such as..."this must be your first day on the net..."

I have the feeling your about to get some heat put on you real soon!!!

PZ probably knows more about the "Net" than most of us combined on these boards.

Manoa
                            Knowing alot does not make you right!!

Comment

Knowing alot does not make you right!!
                              But knowing at least something... would keep you from being an idiot...Do you realize that your posting something to the FOUNDER of HawaiiThreads?

Posting your car on a site that has no readership... my as well just give em away.

I just think your initial post... and if your intention was to sell your car in the first place...should have just been under the Selling category (yeah you got that correct) but you did it in an underhanded way...

Why don't you just announce your car for sale in the selling part of HT and leave out the link to some wanna be craigslist clone? You might have gotten a few responses... dunno if that would work so well now.
                              Last edited by damontucker; May 16, 2006, 06:26 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X