Max Havoc: Curse of the Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Havoc: Curse of the Dragon

Albert Pyun made it. He's from Hawaii (sorry to say. he sounds like a total hack and con-artist)

here's an ariticle I found from MINAGAHET about the making of the film in Guam:

http://www.geocities.com/minagahet/maxhavoc1
    Last edited by Kings House; May 17, 2006, 12:04 PM.

Max Havoc: Curse of the Dragon

Given that your first post here is to trash this movie, I imagine you're not a disinterested party? Here's the IMDB page on Max Havoc.

I'd never even heard about it. Probably wouldn't ever see it. While you link to a reasonably articulate rant, it's basically a disgruntled former employee going on and on about how (1.) he wasn't paid, and (2.) the movie sucked.

I think I would've been able to know from the title alone that we weren't looking at an Oscar contender! The director's track record seems to indicate a fondness for a particular... level of film making. Yes, Albert Pyun is from Hawaii. Here's a biography (that was probably written by the guy). You can get the sense from this Star-Bulletin write up that he's not aiming to make the next Citizen Kane.
    Last edited by pzarquon; May 24, 2006, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Re: Max Havoc: Curse of the Dragon

I used to work at KGMB a long time ago. I just found it interesting. Now I've got 2 posts and hope to have more.

Comment

Re: Max Havoc: Curse of the Dragon

The links made for interesting reading but, sadly, the rant is not an unusual story. I also think rants like that do more damage to the ranter than the rantee! Low budget indies are always a cr@p shoot. I'd rather work the no budget indies and know up front I won't be paid. I wonder if points were offered as a 'perk' to help offset low crew rates. Not that it mattered, of course!

Kings House...did you work with Pyun at KGMB?

The good news about Max Havoc? It wasn't shot in Hawaii! We were spared! I wonder what happened to Pyun's Big Island film ventures.

Comment

Working...
        X