When ukes attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When ukes attack

An ukulele as a dangerous weapon?! From an Advertiser Breaking News item here, we see this report:

"A 32-year-old Honolulu man was arrested early this morning after he allegedly hit his wife in the head with a small cooking pot and a 'ukulele during an argument, police said.
    "The husband had already left by the time police were called to the couple's home a little past midnight.
    "He was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault and four unrelated contempt of court warrants after returning home about 2 a.m., police said."

Sheesh, I hope it wasn't a Kamaka or a Martin.

Also see the Star-Bulletin story here.
    Last edited by LikaNui; May 18, 2006, 12:41 PM. Reason: Added link to Star-Bulletin story

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: When ukes attack

Originally posted by LikaNui

Sheesh, I hope it wasn't a Kamaka or a Martin.
    If the ukulele was an International Market Place special, it might actually be sounding better now.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
      If the ukulele was an International Market Place special, it might actually be sounding better now.
      Or it just might have knocked her unconscious. Those "tourist trap specials" are built more like Tiki carvings than musical instruments.

Ever tried tuning one of those in the store? Never mind MY DOG HAS FLEAS... more like FLEAS DOG DOG FLEAS.
      Last edited by Pomai; May 18, 2006, 01:08 PM.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

heh, I first misread this thread as "When ukus attack". Um, not to take domestic violence lightly but I was a little disappointed to find out that wasn't right.

Comment

Re: When ukes attack... PART 2!!!

What are the chances of it happening TWICE in less than a week?!?

There's a Breaking News article here that says:

A 23-year-old Kalihi woman was arrested yesterday after she allegedly beat a 14-year-old girl with an ukulele at a playground on the campus of Central Intermediate School.
          Police said a school security guard saw what happened and detained the woman until police arrived to arrest her on suspicion of second-degree assault.
          The girl sustained minor injuries but declined medical treatment at the scene, police said.
          They did not say if the woman and girl were related or what triggered the incident.

Comment

Maybe drowning the guys in mayonnaise might work for them, too.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
              Maybe drowning the guys in mayonnaise might work for them, too.
              I guess that comment was supposed to be relevant somehow, but I seem to have missed the point. (shrug)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                I guess that comment was supposed to be relevant somehow, but I seem to have missed the point. (shrug)
                See post number four, and also the ukus thread.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                  See post number four, and also the ukus thread.
                  Hmmm...I don't see any connection to post #4. Also, not every member of HT reads every thread. It might help to link to a referenced thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X