A plug for...Lex Brodie Pearlridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plug for...Lex Brodie Pearlridge

I spent about $600 there in March for several problems, and when I went there today to get a frozen door lock looked at I was expecting to pay about $300 to replace the mechanism. They said "Nah, nah, nah," lubricated it like crazy after removing the door panel, then said "you spend a lot of money here, so we're not gonna charge you for this." 45 minutes of free labor, and it works like a charm.

That's my kind of business!
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Re: A plug for...Lex Brodie Pearlridge

I've been a Lex Brodie loyalist since I've owned a car. I probably inherited it from my dad, though back then it was Lex Brodie's (i.e. run by Lex Brodie).

I know most of the Queen Street staff, and have patronized their Pearlridge and Waipahu locations as well. I've had a few frustrating experiences (their weird phone handling procedures and maybe a couple of less-than-communicative CSRs), but largely their marketing emphasis on customer service makes it through to the front line. I know, on balance, they'll charge more for a given job than another service station or mechanic, but I'm willing to pay for good service and straight talk. I fill out those survey cards religiously, and have a feeling they actually read them.

They've fixed stuff for free (also because they know I got killed on a $1,700 job a little while earlier), yet also talk me out of big-ticket fixes ("no need, brah") and find other ways (I wouldn't say workarounds exactly) to get the job done for less. They have also handled stuff so manini it's almost embarassing that I asked (like replacing a rear view mirror), and given me advice without making me feel stupid.

They actually outsource a number of specialized jobs, but are up front about it, and in the last couple of cases, actually directed me to the outside provider to settle up -- eliminating the perception at least of a Lex Brodie's surcharge.

I guess life with Lex Brodie's isn't as wonderful as it was under the direction of the great Lex itself, but I'm still happy with their service.

I shudder to think how much I've paid them since I was 16, but I'd chalk it up more to my choice of cars and car care skills than to their pricing!

Comment

I like Lex Brodie's altho' I go there only for gas, an occasional tire and an occasional battery...mainly gas. (Ooooooh, I can already 'feel' the double entendres flying my way! ) I feel I've been treated fairly there but their prices are higher than elsewhere, 'cept gas which, I think, is second lowest in price to Costco. LB's is mini-serve, tho', which I really appreciate.

What would LB's on Queen St. be without Mary manning (womanning?) the pumps?!

Comment

Re: A plug for...Midas Muffler in Kaimuki

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        That's my kind of business!
        Amen!
        Midas Muffler in Kaimuki surprised me with free work several times, including the very first time I went in.
        Needless to say, the mechanic(s) got a real nice tip each time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          I feel I've been treated fairly there but their prices are higher than elsewhere, 'cept gas which, I think, is second lowest in price to Costco.
          Expect great service that comes from a place like Lex Brodie's? Then expect to shell out a premium. You get what you pay for...

Comment

I give Lex Brodie's a thumbs up. My recent experience with them was I wanted to change two tires and patch two (darn nails). They not only changed the two, but patched the other two for free.

Excellant job!
            Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Thank You...very Much...tink Tink Tink!!!
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X