The Da Vinci Code Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Da Vinci Code Movie

This thread is to discuss the movie The Da Vinci Code which opens today (5/19/06).

As a remindair if you are going to use a spoiler tag in a post make sure the spoiler does not follow a quote tag otherwise no text will appear when the reader clicks on the spoiler. Hints on what to do can be found here.

If you wish to discuss the book, the thread is over there at The Library sub-forum.

Re: Da Vinci Code

I had to crack up laughing when I read today's Star Bulletin article about The Da Vinci Code that made the front page. The following is a paragraph from that article:

The Rev. Marc Alexander, vicar general of the Hawaii diocese and the usual spokesman on theological issues, declined numerous media requests to comment on the movie. His written response was, "One just can't ignore the lies and half-truths that pervade this work of fiction called 'The Da Vinci Code.'"
    Okay, it's a novel, a piece of fiction, it's all made up. I don't think anyone is saying that the events that took place in the novel are true.

Comment

Re: The Da Vinci Code

I took the brood and the whole lot of us enjoyed it, although my youngest did get bored at times. The highlights of the movie were the same as those in the book: seeing the artwork and the churches weaved into the story. Visually it was stunning. Ian McKellen steals every scene he is in.

pax

Comment

Re: The Da Vinci Code Movie

Albert and I caught the 11:30 am showing at Ward today. While the movie was long (we got out around 2:40pm) it was okay. My reaction after seeing the movie was I shouldn't have read the book, which sort of spoiled the identify of The Teacher who was the master villian in this movie.

Comment

I had expected to be bored by the movie, was amazed when I realized it was actually much better than the book. There were some minor changes, and one major one, from the book. Otherwise it stayed quite close to the original but was tighter paced and, of course, seeing visually the things described in the book made a big difference, from the gruesome flaggelant to the beautiful buildings and art.

As for all the controversial aspects, remember ... it's a work of fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
            Okay, it's a novel, a piece of fiction, it's all made up.
            Don't be too sure.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
              Don't be too sure.
              Uh I don't know..... are you sure you're sure
              A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

Okay, it's a novel, a piece of fiction, it's all made up. I don't think anyone is saying that the events that took place in the novel are true.
                SO IS THE BIBLE as far as I am concerned.

Comment

I think the problem most critics had with this movie is they wanted it to be like the book, because they ALL read the book. I liked it knowing that it was an adaptation of the novel. Just like Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, if you went in it hoping to "see" the book, you would be disappointed.

I learned from the Lord of the Rings trilogy, you can't put it all in the movies.
                  Last edited by alohabear; June 1, 2006, 06:07 AM.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

I think the movie did a better job of explaining Sophia's car accident when she was younger.

Comment

I had to crack up laughing when I read today's Star Bulletin article about The Da Vinci Code that made the front page. The following is a paragraph from that article:

What do you expect from the American Public. I think some people thought Marcus Welby was a real docter and Martin Sheen is the president.

And what do you expect from the SB, anyways??

Comment

Working...
                      X