Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Kevorkian: I say give him a rope...let's see what he does

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060520/...vorkian_pardon

"Kevorkian has said he assisted in at least 130 deaths, but has promised that he will not assist another if released."

Let him assist himself

Re: Jack Kevorkian: I say give him a rope...let's see what he does

I see nothing wrong with assisted suicide. After watching several family members die and suffer it is not a pretty sight. I believe the belief in our hears is to let people live as long as possible wether they are suffering or not.
    Being drugged up in a hospital bed is not the greatest feeling in the world either. To me starving someone to death is a form of assisted suicide. It just takes longer. I had to watch a friend die. It took her two weeks to go after the doctors "Pulled the plug" I know she wanted to go right away and not go thru the pain and suffering. she even asked "what did I do to deserve to die like this?"

Comment

I agree, Speedtek. Of course, assisted suicide shouldn't be considered without intense counseling and only for those conditions that there is no hope of recovery. IIRC, Kervorkian met these conditions. His assisted suicides were not light-hearted decisions. This is a 'hot topic', I know. People seem to be either pro or con...nuthin' in the middle.

Last year I was the one who had to make the decision whether or not to "pull the plug" on my mom. My only fear in allowing it was that she would, like your friend, linger on in an even more suffering state. Shortly thereafter, I did authorize removal of life support. Fortunately she had a DNR (do not resusitate) in place. And, even more fortunately, she was able to slip peacefully into the next realm to join my dad just a couple of hours later. And that, after all, is all she wanted to do...something she'd been trying to do for 21 months.

Comment

I agree with both of you guys... that's why I said... give him a rope!

Comment

ah, a hometown hero.. (Michigan).. Jack Kevorkian.

Comment

why is it wen our pets get too old or too hurt to fix or heal do we say ok doc lets put him down... its the best thing for the animal, the most humane thing, the least painful.... sometimes we love our animals more than we love our relatives...why cant we let them go when they want to, when things are so bad, that there is pain for every waking minute, that they pray to die that we say ohhh you dont mean that, you can do it you can fight this thing... when every doctor youve talked to says otherwise why do we say no you cant help the person die painlessly... why? it sucks....when my grandmother got so bad he told her that in the I really dont mean it this way tone..."now D there is enough in the bottle(morphine) that you have.you have to be Careful not to take them all it would kill you." why couldnt he have just been able to tell her if you really cant take it anymore the bottle will put you to sleep and you will not wake up?
            do no harm that is part of the oath doctors take.... sometimes more harm is done keeping the patient alive...

ok stepping off the soap box ... sorry
            Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

My wifes cat got (of 7 years) sick with FATTY LIVER DISEASE. We tried to hand feed it. took it to the vet paid $6500 in hospital bills. and finally brought it home to try and nurse it back to health but failed. The cat lived for a month of not eating. I wanted to put the cat down but she wouldn't let me.
              Another doctor told us the cat doesn't have the same emotions as a human but it is just the thougth of not being able to help.

Comment

Working...
              X