Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there such a thing as too much sugar for your brain?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a thing as too much sugar for your brain?

A few minutes ago while doing some school work, I realized I was getting really angry at small things: finding the examples in the book, the news on TV, and running out of paper. Then I realized that I had a high sugar lunch (1/2 foot sub-sandwitch from Foodland; liter of coke and haupia pie). I know that people get hyper over sugar, but since I'm real quiet, I tend to keep to myself a lot: probably that's why I displace my agression on my surroundings.

I was a diabetic a few years ago, but recently got off the treatment because I fought it and won.

1) Was todays sugar filled lunch too much for me? (usually I eat sweets, but I don't get that agressive)
    2) Is there a cheap way to get my blood sugar level checked? (again, no health insurance because my job's contract ended.)

(and I know I've been figuring a lot about myself lately through here, but all my life, I had health problems.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Is there such a thing as too much sugar for your brain?

Ya know what, Adrian? This subject is better addressed to your doctor. I realize it's the pits not having health insurance but it's worse to have health problems that might spiral out of control.
    I was a diabetic a few years ago, but recently got off the treatment because I fought it and won.
    Don't know exactly what you mean by that. Are you saying you're cured? Regardless, low blood sugar can cause many symptoms. Again, call your doctor, 'kay?!

Comment

first if you ate a way high sugar meal and then sat down and didnt exert any of those calories out then your body could be overloaded....

its not too often you can go from being diabetic to not being diabetic.... really the only way that I know of is to loose all extra weight and to eat a good balanced diet while staying away from sweets....

sooo really you should go see a doctor... calling your county health dept can put you in touch with some clinics that would be low/no cost depending on your income and if you are there are ways to get meds and supplies that these clinics know about.

some signs ... you get an skin tearing injury and it takes longer to heal
      you smell (breath sweat) sweet like juicy fruit. you are thristy alot and you need to pee often.vision is becoming bad... dont wait go to the dr you dont want liver kidney damage possible loss of limbs or blindness to happen to you! treatment is the only way to stay on top of it!
      Support Lung Cancer Research

Comment

Sugar does that to me, too. And salt makes me depressed.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
          I had a high sugar lunch (1/2 foot sub-sandwitch from Foodland; liter of coke and haupia pie).
          How on Earth can you drink an entire liter of Coke?? And you drank it *with* haupia pie? <barf>

I'm serious. How do you do it?

That is so unhealthy, it's ... it's almost deranged. Stop that! You're a young man, there's still time!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            How on Earth can you drink an entire liter of Coke?? And you drank it *with* haupia pie? <barf>

I'm serious. How do you do it?

That is so unhealthy, it's ... it's almost deranged. Stop that! You're a young man, there's still time!
            Oh, get off your high horse. A six-inch sub sandwich, soda and piece of pie.

You can do much worse in the drive-thru lane at McDonalds.

Leave Adrian alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              Oh, get off your high horse.
              OK, but then I won't be able to see you eye-to-eye.

A six-inch sub sandwich, soda and piece of pie.
              That's a *liter* of full-sugar Coke, not "a soda." Hence my reply.

Leave Adrian alone.
              He asked for feedback. He obviously doesn't want to be left alone.

Butt out.
              Last edited by MadAzza; May 23, 2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Get a room.

But seriously. Adrian asked, "Is this too much sugar?" MadAzza said, "Holy crap, that's a lot of sugar." I'd also say that's a bit much. Just 'cause a McLunch is worse (in some departments -- doubtful for sugar specifically) doesn't mean it's a good idea. Especially if there's a history of diabetes and other health problems.

I used to drink three or four 12 oz. can of full-test Coke a day. Now just the thought of that much sugar makes me dizzy.

Adrian, if you know enough to ask, you know your diet is a problem. It might make you cranky or hyper or whatever now, it might make you overweight and weak tomorrow, but in the long run, it could kill you.

You were diabetic? You fought it and won? The battle never ends, Adrian, and it takes work to hold onto whatever victory you may have claimed. We all indulge now and then, to be sure. But that really shouldn't be your typical lunch. Especially for someone who's not particularly active.

Comment

Adrian, I agree with Maddy.

Did your Doctor never teach you about how to continue to control your diabetes? Shame on them!

You don't by any chance, like to gamble? Or have a death wish?

On another note....I cannot believe the crap all a you guys are stuffing your faces (and bodies) with! Starting at breakfast, even! YUCK! And I'm sure it's an expensive habit, too.

For a treat, maybe that kind stuff is okay....but a regular diet? It's NOT something to be proud of.

I'm not a wholefoods, hippy, greenie, back-to-nature girl (well, maybe a little), myself....but I DO know how to feed my kids a good, balanced diet. Okay, maybe you're adults, and all....but you gotta take care of yourself. Adrian already saw what happens, when you don't....that's where his diabetes came from, in the first place.

WASSAMATTAHYOU?!

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                  Oh, get off your high horse. A six-inch sub sandwich, soda and piece of pie.

You can do much worse in the drive-thru lane at McDonalds.

Leave Adrian alone.
                  With friends like you, no need enemies. Adrian no need dis...he needs a kick up the okole.

And so do you.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would put my bet on the caffiene in the coke instead of the sugar. I have never heard of anyone getting tense from sugar. It my have also been the drop in blood sugar followed by the sugar high.

Disclaimer: (I am not a medical professional. This advice should in no way be used to treat or act as the basis of a diagnosis.)

In response to your other question. Most drug stores sell cheap machines.

Comment

Quit the personal sniping, or this thread will be closed and our dear Adrian will be denied our collective wisdom and/or tough love.

Comment

That's a *liter* of full-sugar Coke, not "a soda." Hence my reply.
                        And he *didn't* say he sat there and chugged it all at one time. A bottle of soda over the course of 45 minutes to an hour while at lunch? Not a great idea, but he could have done a lot worse.

He asked for feedback. He obviously doesn't want to be left alone.
                        But he didn't ask for you to be a female dog about it. Have a little respect for the guy.

Butt out.
                        Originally posted by SusieSTFU
                        Adrian no need dis...he needs a kick up the okole.

And so do you.
                        LOL... MadAzza, you should know better. I ain't going nowhere.

And Susie, if you want to run your mouth... SHOOTS BRAH WE GO... rookie. LOL

Comment

Couldn't resist, could you, Palolo Joe? At least rookies don't know any better.

This thread is closed. This is also your final warning.

Comment

Working...
                          X