Rock Star Memoirs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Star Memoirs

Okay, so the real purpose of this thread is to share a short but (IMHO) great review Kilinahe just wrote about the book The Dirt, a collection of remembrances by and surrounding Motley Crue. I'm not a fan of the band, or memoirs in general, but it still sounds like an entertaining read.

Have you read any "my life as a rockstar" memoirs or autobiographies? (Or, failing that, celebrity tell-alls in general?) Any you particularly liked, or any anecdotes that stick out in your mind? I'd normally dismiss the genre out of hand, but there must be a few gems out there... even if they qualify as "so bad it's good."

Re: Rock Star Memoirs

I've read a lot of these, including the Crue book. Some favorites:
    • Nobody Gets out of Here Alive (Jim Morrison)
    • A really good book about Jimi Hendrix, but I can't remember its title. It wasn't Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky, which I haven't read.
    • Hammer of the Gods (Led Zep)
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Vince Neil is scum. He killed a buddy(passenger) in a DUI accident as well as injured others in another car and still had the presence of mind to try and dispose of evidence before the law arrived while his pal lay dead in the car.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Not about rock stars, but I would like to give a "shout out" to"
        • Den of Thieves by James Stewart (about Michael Milken, the junk bond scandal)
        •Barbarians at the Gate by Bryan Burrough (Nabisco scandals)

I can't recommend any thrillers on the Enron scandals, but these two books rocked my world.

pax

Comment

Working...
        X