Trying to find bakery for cakes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find bakery for cakes..

I have seen these cakes around and cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know where I can get a yellow or marble or whatever flavored cake with two layers and custard filling in between? My sons party is coming up and everywhere I tried calling does not make those. Thanks
    Last edited by zccb; May 24, 2006, 09:22 AM.

Re: Trying to find bakery for cakes..

Originally posted by zccb
    I have seen these cakes around and cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know where I can get a yellow or marble or whatever flavored cake with two layers and custard filling in between? My sons party is coming up and everywhere I tried calling does not make those. Thanks
    I thought Costco sold these cakes...also try Mililani Bakery (I think that's it)...they do a cake with bits of peaches in its filling/icing that is out of this world. Creamy and delightful. Good luck!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Have you tried these two places? They're supposed to be known for their cakes, though I've not yet been to either one personally...

--Cafe Laufer, 735-7717
      --JJ French Bakery (here's a 2002 Star Bulletin article on the place)

Comment

Thanks, I'll try call those places.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          I thought Costco sold these cakes...also try Mililani Bakery (I think that's it)...they do a cake with bits of peaches in its filling/icing that is out of this world. Creamy and delightful. Good luck!
          Mililani Bakery? I tink no mo awready for several years. Did they just move away instead? Please tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
            Mililani Bakery? I tink no mo awready for several years. Did they just move away instead? Please tell.

No kidding! Am I dating myself or what? I found an article from 1997 that said it was closed way back then! Holy Cow! I can still taste that cake. It was incredible. Makes me wanna rub my tummy and roll my eyes.

@;0
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Deelite Bakery used to have wonderful guava or haupia or whatever kine cakes like that. In whatever size, and decorated however you like, even pre-cut, before being frosted, to make serving easier.

Are they still around?
              http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
              http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I believe so, a Deelite bakery in Kalihi, off of Dillingham Blvd, next to 7-11.

Comment

Yummmmmmm....such delicious memories!

Does anyone have a recipe, that might duplicate those cakes?
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                    Deelite Bakery used to have wonderful guava or haupia or whatever kine cakes like that. In whatever size, and decorated however you like, even pre-cut, before being frosted, to make serving easier.

Are they still around?
                    I called deelite, the only one with custard filling is chantille. I was looking for just regular yellow cake or marble. I love chantille but when it has regular frosting it just ruins it.

Comment

Working...
                    X