X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rulering from afar

The quote below is from the thread titled Deadly Flu Virus:

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
    I don't, exactly, understand what 'attutude' it is, that you're trying to convey?

You know, wid your first 'crack' at me, I had to restrain my fingers, to keep them polite....they were screaming to type "Den, Die...Sucker!"...but, I figger dass jess the way da guy is. Live and let live. Or, in my case, live and hope that others live, too.

An now, you doin em, again.

So what, Glen....you prepping, or not? Cause, believe it, or not, THAT is the point of this thread.
    The issue here is something I notice some times on Hawaii Threads and the Usenet newsgroup soc.culture.hawaii (I have no idea how it is on other Hawaii themed forums) is that people who currently live outside of Hawaii be it former Hawaii residents or people wishing to become residents of Hawaii or visitors that come or plan to come to Hawaii post messages here saying or suggesting that us residents in Hawaii should live a certain way for whatever reason.

Re: Rulering from afar

Originally posted by helen
    The quote below is from the thread titled Deadly Flu Virus:

The issue here is something I notice some times on Hawaii Threads and the Usenet newsgroup soc.culture.hawaii (I have no idea how it is on other Hawaii themed forums) is that people who currently live outside of Hawaii be it former Hawaii residents or people wishing to become residents of Hawaii or visitors that come or plan to come to Hawaii post messages here saying or suggesting that us residents in Hawaii should live a certain way for whatever reason.
    Too bad you never put in the quote that provoked this response, or the one that followed it.

It has nothing to do with living in Hawaii, or not. The bird flu is a real threat, to all of us, and, since I grew up in Hawaii, and still have most of my family over there, I consider it a thing that everybody should be dealing with. In fact, one of my next posts, to that thread, will be about ideas on food storage, and recipes to share.

You gotta admit that Hawaii is in a unique geographical location...pretty good for some things, and lousy for others. In relation to the bird flu, Hawaii can be fairly easily cut off, and quarantined. But...what Pure Hell, for the people living there, that might cause! I'm surprised that most of you guys, in here, haven't jumped on that, yet. Didn't you learn anything, from Katrina, or what?

Aside from the bird flu...this IS a public board, right? I never wen see dat it's just for residents of Hawaii?! I don't consider that I'm telling you folks what to do...I assume that you are all adults...my two cent's worth of conversation is for 'talk story', and communicate. Is there a problem with this?

I did notice that there's not alot of conversation, in here, but there is alot of saying what you think, and seemingly, not even noticing what anyone else thinks. Or, maybe, the peeps in here are 'well trained'.

No worry...we going get used to each other, sooner or later. Till then, I suggest (an only 'suggest', mind you...not telling you what to do, or nuthin) that you start thinking about what effect that bird flu could have on your lives.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
      It has nothing to do with living in Hawaii, or not.
      No worry...we going get used to each other, sooner or later.
      Glen's comment DID have something to do with living in Hawaii or not.

And you make it sound like WE have to get used to YOU.

In the words of one Kaui Hill... ah, c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
        Glen's comment DID have something to do with living in Hawaii or not.

And you make it sound like WE have to get used to YOU.

In the words of one Kaui Hill... ah, c'mon.
        Glen's original comment was rude, nasty, and uncalled for. He makes himself look like an ass, talking like that. I say that bird flu is an issue for all of us, living in Hawaii, or not. It has nothing to do with 'rulering from afar'.

And yes, you DO have to get used to me, and I have to get used to you. It's a two-way street. I don't remember taking any entrance exams, to be able to come in here. Maybe there should have been a 'thick skin' one.

Who is Kaui Hill?
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

This thread cannot end well, so I am ending it now.

Nobody likes to be told to do, whether it's someone in Seattle or Germany or someone at a computer across the room.

Broad pronouncements about how members of an online community, or an entire state, made from the outside, will probably ruffle feathers.

And newcomers should take the time to get to know a community or group before making judgements about it and its members. Every family has its quirks. You're welcome to join it, but don't expect to change it. And if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to stay.

This is just human nature. There are many ways to get an idea across, and your best bet is to present your thoughts in a way where the tone doesn't interfere with the message.

Comment

Working...
          X