Hammerhead sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammerhead sharks

"An 18-year-old Kahaluu man discovered about three dozen hammerhead sharks washed up on shore yesterday behind his home on Kaneohe Bay."

You can read the full story here.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Hammerhead sharks

It's always really sad to me when whales, dolphins or such beach themselves but especially when it's a bunch of them. Makes me worry if there's some environmental or other hazard causing it.

Comment

Ironic you mention this.

AP just published a report of an angler in Florida who hooked a 1280 LB. Hammerhead Shark.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
        Ironic you mention this. AP just published a report of an angler in Florida who hooked a 1280 LB. Hammerhead Shark.
        And it's ironic that you posted that, as I just logged in here to post a link to the story here. And there's a link at that place to see a video of the giant hammerhead.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui

"An 18-year-old Kahaluu man discovered about three dozen hammerhead sharks washed up on shore yesterday behind his home on Kaneohe Bay."
          Whenever I see something like this, I can't help thinking that it might have been caused by some idiot out there destroying the reef environment by using chlorine bleach as an easy way for catching fish.

Comment

Well if any of you have ever been fishing at Heeia pier..then you'll know that area has tons of hammerheads...the old fishermen over there used to pull up 4-5 sharks every time I went fishing there...I'm assuming those fisherman stay longer than me...so they probably take maybe 8-10 a day...
            'If you have a problem. If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, The A Team"

Comment

Well, I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the massive sewage dumping the City did during the rains.

Comment

There was a decent piece on this on KHON. The prevailing theory is that they were dumped there after being accidentally caught in improperly unattended nets. They indeed interviewed a fisherman who reported catching them by the dozens, daily.

Now the carcasses are rotting away, a few yards behind homes. The city says the state's responsible for clean up, and the state says it's the city's job. Of course.

Comment

Working...
                X