Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes those construction truck poles/bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who makes those construction truck poles/bars?

I know everyone seen them on a construction worker's truck: they have those steel bars that goes above the bed, letting them put 2x4s, plywood, rebars, heck, even the occasional cabinet.

The reason I ask, is because I feel that it'll make a great father's day gift if I can fit my Dad's other truck (1997 Ford F150) with a similar setup his old truck has. If I remembered correctly, he mentioned that it was done by a friend of his when he bought the truck in 1984.

Using my photoshop skills, this is what the truck should look like with those on.

But the first step is trying to find out the official name, and if this is feasible within a certain budget.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who makes those construction truck poles/bars?

There is a company about 7 miles from where I live, over in Fall River, MA that makes a product that seems to, based on the picture you created, fit the criteria of what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure they ship to all 50 states. The name of the company is Tracrac.

Here's their web site link: TracRac

If you go to the web site, you'll note in one of the pictures on the site, a picture of a surfer dude who has outfitted a truck to carry his boards...with bikini-clad babe admiring him.

Tracracs aren't cheap, but they are a well-made product that are the overwhelming favorite of contractors, construction workers, et al, in this area. I think Tracracs are more than just mere ladder racks...I believe they can be configured to do all sorts of other functions beside securing ladders.

PS: I checked on their site, under the dealer search heading, and there are numerous Tracrac dealers on O'ahu.
    Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; May 25, 2006, 11:42 PM.

Comment

They're called Pipe Racks and there's a place on Sand Island Access Road that will custom weld one out of thick gauge aluminum pipe. Check with some of the local metal gate fabrication shops around town.

Or just check with auto parts stores such as NAPA, Car Quest, Parts Plus, even Redline Automotive and Checkers for prebuilt pipe racks for specific model trucks.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        I know everyone seen them on a construction worker's truck: they have those steel bars that goes above the bed, letting them put 2x4s, plywood, rebars, heck, even the occasional cabinet.

The reason I ask, is because I feel that it'll make a great father's day gift if I can fit my Dad's other truck (1997 Ford F150) with a similar setup his old truck has. If I remembered correctly, he mentioned that it was done by a friend of his when he bought the truck in 1984.

Using my photoshop skills, this is what the truck should look like with those on.

But the first step is trying to find out the official name, and if this is feasible within a certain budget.

Your dad will *love* it. Very thoughtful gift!

pax

Comment

Working...
        X