US Bank dillema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Bank dillema

So it turns out I cannot ship my car out there from San Diego, CA becuase we are binded into a contract under US Bank Finances for my Volvo lease. I am going to put my car on swapalease.com and leasetrader.com to get rid of it.

This is a bummer because its a 2005 Volvo S40, a real slick and clean car with all the bells and wistles. I wish I didnt have to give it up, but thats life.

So, I am looking into a Tacoma, preferably (2001-current models) for lease on the Big Island. As some members on the board know I am attending UHH and need a car/truck for transportation between Kona and Hilo. I will hopefully be living near campus...

Any reputable dealerships on the Big Island some know of? If I cannot find a car/truck on the Big Island, is it possible to transfer the vehicle from Honolulu?

Thanks

-Brandon

Re: US Bank dillema

If you want a truck....and since its almost summertime, and the snows have melted, and the price of gas has climbed ever higher...and if you want 4 wd....the you should def buy the car in CA and ship it over
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Is the selection or are the prices that much better in CA that they'd be worth the $900-$1,200 premium to ship them here? And wouldn't a CA vehicle be somewhat hobbled by the stricter emission controls? (Or is that not the case anymore, and all cars meet the standards now?)

I've heard of folks on Oahu going to the neighbor islands to pick up cars and shipping them back, but not so much the other way around. But you could probably get a wider selection in Honolulu, and the cost to ship would only be a few hundred dollars.

Comment

We bought our car at eBay Motors and had it shipped here. All told we ended up saving at least $2K even after the shipping. It was a California car.

Comment

Well, buying it via eBay, sight unseen (I'm presuming, apart from several photos), is probably a significant factor in the price as well. Always been curious about eBay Motors, though. I imagine you could buy it before you get on the plane and have it waiting when you arrive!

Comment

Either way theres going to be approx. $800-$1,000 for shipping or the drive off-dealership fee. The bank is our main problem, becuase they wont lease the car off the mainland we have a choice of giving it up to another leasee or buy it by financing it with interest (according to some quotes for loans) which end up $120 more than we pay now to send it over to Hilo...BUMMER!

Comment

Like I've said in previous posts to you brandon...and since talking to you through myspace for a few...

I still think you are going to find yourself happier at Manoa.

With that said... get rid of your 2005 Volvo... Go to UH Hilo and find yourself a $1000.00 surf car...(who cares what it looks like... as long as it gets you to the beach)...

Then when you get sick of Hilo...if you get sick of Hilo... you can sell it for your airfare to Oahu!

If you decide to stay in Hilo...at least you will have something to get you around for a reasonable price and allow yourself to decide if you want to upgrade to a better car.

Manoa

Comment

Thank you Helen for redirecting me...(maybe this could be merged with the UofH Hilo thread...since it relates directly to Brandon and his problems with transfering to UH Hilo)

Brandon -

another suggestion... just meet cool friends and chip in for gas! Thats how I paid my gas while I was at UH Hilo...

I had lazy people in the dorms that would give me $3.00 in gas just to take them to Wiki Wiki mart which was in between UH Hilo's Campus and HawCC's Campus at the time....(It's not there anymore) at first I was like...sure... let's go...get out of the campus...then I had people coming to my dorm room every 20 minutes for rides just to the corner store...(especially when it was raining.... I started charging.... "buy me a beer... chip in for gas...etc..."

It will be rough if your use to your independence in having a car and not having one...

I Paid $1400.00 for a 1988 (in 1996) Toyota Corolla that lasted me about a year... with no hassles... the prices now are a bit different...but at least I was able to get across the island and be indepedent.

Manoa

Comment

Working...
                X