New Surf Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf Rock

Good friend of mine who has been in the business for ever and a day whipped up this catchy tune and vid.

dig:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKr-WKT4aiA

Re: New Surf Rock

Sorry. Cheeeeeeeeeeeee-Z.

And the "hula dancers" in the video?

Ah, c'mon.

Comment

Hula!? where is hula?

(Cheeeeeeeeeeeee-Z.)
      no kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        (Cheeeeeeeeeeeee-Z.)
        no kidding.
        Sure as hell ain't "catchy"...

Comment

mahalo for the- laughs, and giggles, lreally enjoyed it. reminded me of a guy here in melbourne,florida who dwells in tiki carving, not bad, he has the talent and skills,and passion, was supposed to send him something more traditinal to see what he could do. Also remembered watching my favorite kalabash uncle the late Martin Hicks, god bless him, draw and carve a nice size tiki when I was a kid living in phoenix,arizona many years ago. His family from Makaha.
          Boy did we as kids had fun "living on the beach! The next morning I woke up and my twin sister and I were covered with moesquito bites all over our faces! Except for my older sister and my cousin, who stayed up all night!

Comment

I was kinda hoping this was going to be a new Dick Dale guitar protege.

I liked how the early B-52's incorporated Dick Dale's style into a modern (at the time) punk style.
            Last edited by Pomai; May 30, 2006, 09:20 AM.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
              Sorry. Cheeeeeeeeeeeee-Z.
              Personally, I enjoyed it! Gave me a good chuckle.
              But that's okay, PaloloJoe, because we know you complain about anything and everything that Kimo does. Ever thought of just putting him on Ignore so the rest of us don't have to read your non-stop complaints about him? Please consider it. Thanks.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                But that's okay, PaloloJoe, because we know you complain about anything and everything that Kimo does.
                Not everything. And thanks for the advice, but I don't need you telling me what to do.

My opinion is the same, whether Kimo posted it, or if you did.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEESY.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                  I was kinda hoping this was going to be a new Dick Dale guitar protege.[...]
                  Aaaaaaah...the one, the only Dick Dale. Those were the great ol' days...Rendezvous Ballroom on Newport Peninsula, the Surfer Stomp, huaraches, Pendleton shirts, surf by day, dance by night.

Kimo...ya know what was the first thing that came to mind when I viewed your friend's video? First of all, I got a chuckle out of it. Thanks for the link. But I was wondering how you might have felt about it had it been a stranger's video. You're always so conscious of and put off by people who mock or parody the culture. Just curious!

And, LN...
                  It's probably easier for you to put someone on 'ignore' than hope for someone to put someone else on 'ignore'! Just my tutu wisdom (or lack thereof!) offering unsolicited advice!

Egads...I'm full of questions and unsolicited advice today. Maybe I should get back to putting together my hurricane kits. I'm trying to figure out how to fit 18 months worth of supplies in 2 15x22x12 containers...one for the office and one for home. So far I have 8 roles of toilet paper squished in one but there isn't room for anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

So far I have 8 roles of toilet paper squished in one but there isn't room for anything else!
                    You could cut that down to 4 rolls right off the bat by using both sides of the TP.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                      You could cut that down to 4 rolls right off the bat by using both sides of the TP.
                      Great idea but that's a learned skill. I better start practicing now. It's amazing how a surf rock video thread can morph into toilet paper suggestions! My bad. I now return you to the subject at hand. Hmmm...I think there's a pun in there...somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        Aaaaaaah...the one, the only Dick Dale. Those were the great ol' days...Rendezvous Ballroom on Newport Peninsula
                        Yep, and somewhere here on HT we had a discussion about him and his house/studio across from The Wedge at the end of the peninsula. Anyone interested in Dick Dale can look up that thread.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Yep, and somewhere here on HT we had a discussion about him and his house/studio across from The Wedge at the end of the peninsula. Anyone interested in Dick Dale can look up that thread.
                          I remember that and didn't bother to search for the thread as I was typing and talking on the phone at the same time! The older I get the less multi-tasking I should do! I think it's in the 'Name That Song' thread.

Comment

I DO appreciate the sentiment of the song....but the song itself...
                            ANYWAY....It looks like one of the shots was taken at the Honunau Place of refuge...

For some REALLY AMAZING modern surf music, I have to say that the Blue Hawaiians are by far the best. Google them and check out their 1998 CD SWAY...Amazing.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                            X