for the lunch-packin' crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the lunch-packin' crowd

ok, I am not a vegan, nor is anyone in my home. But we are *almost* there, for the fact that we like a lot of what vegans eat (good natural foods)...but add some grilled animal with it. Not a lot of animal, but a couple of oz. worth.

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

I *love* this blog! And I love the lunch can she uses for her son. There are so many good ideas that I have learned from her over time.

anyone besides me packs lunch?

pax

Re: for the lunch-packin' crowd

I pack lunch! I love that there are no soda or snack machines where I work. I keep healthy snacks at work, brew green tea with Splenda. I pack salads, or leftovers from supper. I've managed to loose 22 pounds in the last six weeks, as I've made a concerted effort to reduce portions and I get up at 4:30 a.m. to walk more than 3 miles each morning. It's so peaceful, I don't feel the need for my iPod...but I'm thinking about using it. I just like to be fully aware of my surroundings when I'm out there exercising and it's just me and the feral cats getting kinky in the middle of the road. But I digress...One of my favorite lunches to pack is courtesy of Costco: Halved grape tomatoes and cukes or bell peppers in balsamic vinegar, two pieces of the parmesan flatbread crackers spread with humus, dessert is either a grapefruit cup, papaya cup or a yogurt (Did I mention I love Costco?) I save the protein for supper--shrimp, pork, chicken, beef, fish, name it...I'll throw it on the grill or in the wok or come up with something! and if I wanna get up early, I better say good night now!

@
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I pack lunch, too, as I have made a concerted effort these past two months to habituate one healthy meal per day. Hey, it's a start. I usually roast a whole chicken (beer-can style) over the weekend, then spend the next week eating small portions of it cold, tossed with cold roasted veggies (I like veggies cold, but don't like many of them raw), tofu, salad greens (these last two I eat raw) and some sesame seeds. What veggies I use depends on what's been on sale, meaning that although I love grape tomatoes, I seldom get to include them. There's so much flavor in the roasted veggies and chicken that I don't feel the need to dress this in any way.

According to my schedule, I begin habituating a healthy breakfast in two weeks. I haven't noticed any loss in weight yet, but I'm feeling better about my one small lifestyle change. Small steps.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
        I keep healthy snacks at work, brew green tea with Splenda.
        Ack. Green tea... with Splenda? To each her own, but... sweetened green tea? That's so wrong.

Congratulations on the weight loss! The challenge now is to keep it off in a healthy way.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
          I've managed to loose 22 pounds in the last six weeks, as I've made a concerted effort to reduce portions and I get up at 4:30 a.m. to walk more than 3 miles each morning.
          Wow...22 pounds in six weeks? Great job Lavagal!!!

*two thumbs up*

Comment

Thanks, Palolo Joe. At times it has been a complete drag. Totally. I love to cook and I love to eat and I love making beautiful food for family. So it's been a real struggle. I'm learning to make less and it seems everyone has been just fine about it.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
            X