Suggestion: Services Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Services Forum?

I don't know if this is considered not apropos, but how about creating a "services" forum (or directory) that allows HawaiiThreads members to post any services that they may offer. (i.e., web designers, graphic artists, computer techs, general contractor/repair, yard work, etc.?)

I would be more apt to patronize one of the members of our HawaiiThreads ohana over someone I find in the Yellow Pages should I require their professional services.

I don't know if this would quickly turn it into a commercialized SPAM vehicle, but it's just a thought.

Re: Suggestion: Services Forum?

Donna, we do have the Selling forum and Seeking forum in the HawaiiThreads.com marketplace for both merchandise and services. I figure until it picks up, there's no reason right now to segregate the two... but what do you think?

It also says, "No commercial postings, please." Fortunately, since HawaiiThreads.com requires validated registration before you can post, it's a little harder to cause trouble... and if you do, we can clean it up pretty quickly!

Comment

I was pondering that... okay, I thought the seeking/selling forums were for tangible goods and not services.

That works, too!

Comment

So the "no commercial postings" was designed to keep out, um, what? "Big Ugly Tree Trimmers, Inc."??
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
          So the "no commercial postings" was designed to keep out, um, what? "Big Ugly Tree Trimmers, Inc."??
          Yeah, I want a place where I can advertise my services. Like tradio on the radio. mahalo Braddha

Comment

I thought this place was like a craigslisst or something. What up?

Comment

By "this place," do you mean HawaiiThreads.com? If so, I'm not quite sure I'd put it in the same category as Craigslist. Craigslist is all about the listings, be it help wanted, computers for sale, or hot date needed. Of course, a strong community has built up around it, with "regulars" and the most excellent "best of craigslist" compilation, and yes, there's a Craigslist just for Honolulu.

HawaiiThreads.com is a general, open discussion board (message forum, bulletin board, whatever you want to call it). However, there is a Marketplace area here for people to buy, sell, or, I imagine, trade. The idea is, if you trust the members here, why not do business with them? As for the "no commercial postings," I basically want to keep out spam... and hope the posts will be more by individuals here who want to unload stuff or offer freelance design or garden work, rather than companies who don't do anything here on the site except advertise.

Of course, a discussion board is no Craigslist or newspaper classified page. Hopefully, it's all the other stuff that keeps people coming here.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification admin. The DB's are wonderful...makes my day! And I can jump from one to the other...very entertaining.
                Retired Senior Member

Comment

Working...
                X