Car Stalkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Stalkers

I was driving to Pottery Terrance here in Kona today. I was driving on Queen
    Kaahumanu extension, passing by Hualalai road, when this red Honda is
    making a left turn. The red Honda makes the turn into the merge lane rather
    abruptly. To a point that I honked my horn and tried to pull along the shoulder.to avoid the car.

I keep on driving, and the red Honda keeps on following me. I get to Pottery Terrance and the red Honda is still following me. I couldn't find a parking stall,
    So I just idled for a bit, backed up came down the hill. I didn't see the car.
    I was walking up the hill to the office I needed to drop something off and the
    red Honda came out of a parking stall. The passenger mutters something
    and keeps on driving down the hill (I was freaked out that this car might
    hit my truck, which it did not).

In short it really shook me up and freaked me out(which I'm still shaken up). Why do people insist upon doing this stalking. I was within my rights to honk my horn as the Honda was driving aggressively.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Car Stalkers

Originally posted by Konaguy
    I was driving to Pottery Terrance here in Kona today. I was driving on Queen
    Kaahumanu extension, passing by Hualalai road, when this red Honda is
    making a left turn. The red Honda makes the turn into the merge lane rather
    abruptly. To a point that I honked my horn and tried to pull along the shoulder.to avoid the car.

I keep on driving, and the red Honda keeps on following me. I get to Pottery Terrance and the red Honda is still following me. I couldn't find a parking stall,
    So I just idled for a bit, backed up came down the hill. I didn't see the car.
    I was walking up the hill to the office I needed to drop something off and the
    red Honda came out of a parking stall. The passenger mutters something
    and keeps on driving down the hill (I was freaked out that this car might
    hit my truck, which it did not).

In short it really shook me up and freaked me out(which I'm still shaken up). Why do people insist upon doing this stalking. I was within my rights to honk my horn as the Honda was driving aggressively.

Man, I never mess with anyone on the road. You might have been within your rights, but you don't know what kinda crazy you are dealing with! I become the "Oblivo-Mom" and pretend I have no idea what a driver who is trying to bait me is up to. I so do not care if some hot-rodder thinks I'm stupid just because I'm actually protecting my property and my children.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Yeah they looked like a bunch drug addicts... which freaked me out even more.
      Kinda ruined a nice day I had.
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Do you have a cell phone? Could you have called or did you report the incident? I don't know about the Big Island, however, on Oahu we have Police Sub-Stations located in practically every community. Here at least if faced with a similar situation one can drive to the nearest one. I agree with Lavagal. Your life always comes first and one should never take risks with scumbags especially driving their "Murder Weapon on Wheels!"

I am glad you are safe and sound.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          Do you have a cell phone? Could you have called or did you report the incident? I don't know about the Big Island, however, on Oahu we have Police Sub-Stations located in practically every community. Here at least if faced with a similar situation one can drive to the nearest one. I agree with Lavagal. Your life always comes first and one should never take risks with scumbags especially driving their "Murder Weapon on Wheels!"

I am glad you are safe and sound.
          Yeah I'm glad I'm safe and sound too..it was rather unnevering experience.
          Unfortnately there is one police station and it is opposite of where I was
          going. I don't have a cel phone, but I was going to a office complex. I would've gone to one of the offices to call the police if the situation warranted it.
          The Kona Blog

Comment

About a year ago...

I'm driving my brother-in-law whos from the Big Island to a strip club on Keeaumoku for his bachelor party...

We were about to pull into a stall, when a guy comes out of no where and flashes a gun in his belt.... and looking very crazed out....

I pretended like I didn't see him and bailed out of there as quickly as I could... My brother-in-law says... "did you see that s**t!" My reply was...
            "Yeah I saw it.... but I didn't want him to know that I saw him... "

My trick was to not even look him in the eyes at all and just drive as cautiously and normally as I could before I reacted in any way.

I didn't really get freaked out about it until about 3 minutes later when were clear of danger....

(I did report it to the cops... however, I called from a pay phone and didn't stick around to see if the cops did anything about the guy)
            Last edited by damontucker; June 5, 2006, 05:23 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

It's probably best to assume that everyone on the road around you is afflicted with road rage and then react accordingly!

Comment

I will take the other position.

At a parking lot in Keauhou, a boy (22?) spit on my wife's car after I challenged something that he said. He was not a very well mannered young man, and of course, I am scared shitless of my wife, who was not with me. Can you imagine showing up home with a green looch on your wifes car? It would be worse than lipstick.

I grabbed him by both ears, with a generous chunk of hair in each hand, and smashed his face into the door of his car. He escaped my grasp, gunned it, and pulled into the closest parking spot, where he and his friend got out with the clear intention of whippin ass on a 220 red-neck, football coach, who was beaten by his father as a child, who still loves to run and work out at the young age of 38.

I figured two on one, so I started backing up and turned to run. They weren't chasing me with very much enthusiasm. So I let the first guy catch me, and picked him up over my shoulder in the classic firemans carry, and body slammed him to the pavement. WHOOOOOSh went his air.

The second kid, with arms down at his sides, and hands curled inwards, (in the classic "I don't really know how to fight" pose) is doggin me out.

Come on Bitch, Come on Fn Haole, Like Beef? Well, you know me, I love Wendy's triple. So I slowly started forward, fists raised, since I don't know yet if this kid has any training. He still has his hands at his side. (that is so funny, and what prompted me to do the next thing).

Left jab to the 2 front teeth. Felt them crunch like wine glasses on a tile floor. The other guy by this time had already dragged his ass to his car. I think it was the initial contact with him that popped his balloon, and not the body slam.

They go peeling out of the parking lot, with me hot on their tail. We race all the way to downtown Kailua before I give up and turn around and go home.

Talk about satisfying.

If you ever are the victim of social ill, and I am near, I promise I will FRAY with all my might. It is not the victim that I care about, it is the FRAY.

Never hit first. Always hit last. That is the moral lesson of the day.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Well I guess I'd have to say put TimKona in my corner, puhlease.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Hui timkona! Bravo man! Great Story! I'll forget about row 40.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                      [...]If you ever are the victim of social ill, and I am near, I promise I will FRAY with all my might. It is not the victim that I care about, it is the FRAY.[...]
                      Have you given any thought to an anger management course. Life is too short to 'fray'. Peace, man...

Comment

yo timkona....

That could have been a future voter

you get balls... if anything

I'm not as big as you describe yourself.... I prefer the non-physical approach myself.

Besides... what would have happened if one of those guys pulled a gun?

How small of a bullet does it take to put down a so called.... " 220 red-neck, football coach, who was beaten by his father as a child, who still loves to run and work out at the young age of 38."

but like I said you get balls...

Believe it or not.... I was born in COMPTON, California!

Comment

Ah.......memories. Hawaii. One of the last places on the earth where physical confrontation seldom escalates to bullet spraying all over the place. I believe it was called "going toes". Using a weapon was, well, not considered sporting. Manoa may have grown up in Compton but he has not gotten up close and personal with a 300 pound angry Samoan yet. No one is going to shoot you. They don't have to..........

I know what you did and why you did it. 20 years ago I would have done the same thing. But you may have opened up a big can of worms. Next time it may be 3 on 1. If you make it through that then the next time it will be 4 on 1. Escalate as necessary. Brothers, uncles, and cousins will make you their personal pet project. And those are just the straight line relationships.

Be careful. If you go to the cops, you better PRAY that you find one that came from the mainland and is willing to stick up for you. Really do not need to elaborate here if you had any time on the island. If it gets too heavy ask your attackers for a "ho'oponono". You might actually score some points if you bother to figure out what that means. Plead your case, show a little humility. It used to work in the old days.

Oh, if you had not factored this in, they are now looking for your wife's car, not yours. That should have been your first thought before you went the "fray" route.

Whatever you do, don't go fishing or surfing. I saw a guy get launched off a cliff once by 5 guys on the trail to Honolua Bay. You don't want next days headlines to read "Fisherman Falls Off Cliff And Is Missing At South Point"

Good luck.
                          You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Manoa...you are like a clairvoyant

At the scene, a guy walks up to me, and says "Hey you running for politics. What kind of image is that gonna be?"

I would think that voters would be delighted to vote for a politician who might actually fight.

But instead we get Mufi, and Kim, and Isbell.

And on another note, gunplay has not found it's way to Hawaii yet, though I know not why. If you pull a gun, better be prepared to fire within 1-2 seconds or you will no longer have your gun.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com
                            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

...wait...who called who a haole ?
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Working...
                              X