Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Honda dealer have you bought from or would go to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Honda dealer have you bought from or would go to?

Does it matter?
    What's the service like?
    How close are the prices?

We are thinking of buying a Honda Civic. I did post about the Hybrid a while back and that may be an option. I have never bought a new car so this is all new to me.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Which Honda dealer have you bought from or would go to?

I've never bought a new car, either, but I've bought several used.

I can state emphatically that I loved my buying experience at Honda Windward. They treated me like a real customer, even though I was picking up a clunker tucked way back on the lot.

I can also state categorically that the Tony Autoplex in Waipio left such an incredibly bad taste in my mouth, I still growl whenever I drive past to go to Costco. Oh, we love the van we got there, and the first salesman we worked with... but just about every other biped I had to work with subsequently made me sincerely regret the day I ventured onto that huge, obnoxious lot.

And the kicker? After I burned my bridges there with gusto, and made it abundantly clear to all levels of management that I was a vehemently and defiantly unhappy customer... they had the gall a few weeks ago to call me on the anniversary of my purchase and ask how things were going. Since the poor woman was just working down a list some moron put in front of her, I was as nice as I could be as I told her I never wanted to hear from them again.

But before she let me go she also thought I must be interested in the big sale they were planning that weekend, where... {click}
    Last edited by pzarquon; June 5, 2006, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Additionally I would mind a 2006 Corolla vs 2006 Civic discussion.

Anyone get a quote over the web?

Still doing my research.

Thanks PZ btw.
      just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I had a bad experience at Tony Autoplex in Waipio too! Too much pressure to buy, stalkers, OVERPRICED, and liars!

Good experience at Pflueger Acura on South Berternia salesman – Scott.

Good experience at Infinity of Honolulu – where we bought our van.

My story:

Basically they had a decent “SALE” price on a pre-owned Odyssey - not a real deal. Told them that I will NOT be buying a van today and I was just shopping around. The whole "MUST BUY NOW" pressure was thick. We left with an Odyssey in mind with a price they given us. Came back to Autoplex and they rose the price up by a few hundreds.

Didn't think too much of it and made a counter offer. The manager had said its firm because it’s a real deal - 9k off the sticker price. MY goodness that original sticker price was as much a new van with special features! So my husband and I said "take this offer or we are out of here!” Manager said "CAN"T". So we left.

The next day we had a "customer survey" call. She was nice and asked about our experience at the Autoplex. We had said it was lousy service and told her about the manager's attitude. She acted concerned and offered to fix the problem.

Soon after that call ended, we get a call from the salesman. The salesman said, "My manager and I offered you the van at the offer you wanted!" We kindly had said "No that is not true." and the salesman hung up.

For the next 3 days we were getting calls from the Autoplex 3 to 4 times a day. From the customer service lady, phone beeping messages, and salesman. It was a ping pong game of who said what, what was being offered and such.

My husband and I had given up on these people on the 2nd day and had the answering machine take over.

We found our Odyssey at Infinity of Honolulu. The price is decent – not a crazy deal, but we liked the simple way of doing business and the extra time they gave us. We made a counter offer – they took it plus they are servicing us in the way we want.

JUST say NO to the AUTOPLEX! More hassle than its worth!
        See Reny's Gallery For Great Stuff!

Comment

I don't mean to pile on but my Tony Autoplex experience was also very sour. I just wanted to get a brochure and I was practically held hostage, I actually caught a couple of their guys looking at my 97 Camry for a possible trade in before I even decided to buy a car. High pressure, arrogant bordering on rude. Never going back there.

Comment

Whoa, I'll remind myself to never go there. Thanks for the stories people.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Purchased a "pre-owned" '96 Acura RL in 2000, new '01 Odyssey EX in 2001, and new '02 Accord EX in 2002 at .................. HONDA WINDWARD! Very pleasant place to do business, good pricing, and their service department is top-notch. The General Manager is Mike Stoebner, son of the owner Maury Stoebner, and the General Sales Manager is Vince Abraham, whom I've dealt with since 1987 (Pflueger Acura, Pflueger Honda, Honda Windward). Both are straight-shooters. You won't go wrong with these guys.

The current owner of INFINITI is Marty Barger, who was the General Manager of HONDA WINDWARD when the above three vehicles were purchased.

Comment

Good experience
                at Pflueger Acura on South Berternia salesman – Scott.

JUST say NO to the AUTOPLEX! More hassle than its worth!
                I'd like to hear more about your experience at Pflueger. I'm going to replace my 9 year old Blazer with a Pilot in the next few months and work close to Pflueger (that would make for convenient services). So I'm hoping to hear good things about them.

My wife was looking at news cars a few months ago...the Tony Autoplex experience was smothering. And the nerve of adding an addition $3500 to the sticker of a 22K CRV was the last straw. My wife is really enjoying her new Toyota Rav 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
                  I'd like to hear more about your experience at Pflueger. I'm going to replace my 9 year old Blazer with a Pilot in the next few months and work close to Pflueger (that would make for convenient services). So I'm hoping to hear good things about them.

My wife was looking at news cars a few months ago...the Tony Autoplex experience was smothering. And the nerve of adding an addition $3500 to the sticker of a 22K CRV was the last straw. My wife is really enjoying her new Toyota Rav 4.
                  Before you visit Pflueger Honda (or any dealership, for that matter), call up beforehand and make an appointment with a particular salesman. Get his name as a referral from a satisfied buyer you know (relative, neighbor, friend, fellow worker, etc.). Then, you won't feel like you're getting the rush when you drive in. When you're approached as you get out of your car, you just inform them that you have an appointment with ___________.

One of nation's top Honda salesmen is JIM WILLUSH at Pflueger. I've known Jim for 18 years since he was at Honolulu Chrysler-Plymouth on Dillingham Blvd. and sold us a Plymouth Grand Voyager mini-van. I've sent him deals where their location was a primary concern.

FWIW, Jim is a big UH sports fan and an all-around "good guy." His cousin is ex-NFL QB Bernie Kosar.
                  Last edited by oceanpacific; August 23, 2006, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Honda Windward...

we got a new (back then) '03 CR-V EX for under the suggested retail price (which was $22,4xx) for $22,200. The CR-V back in Apr '03 was such a high demand vehicle anywhere in the country.

Anyway, we went here, after experiencing a bad taste in the mouth/vultures flocking over you when we stepped out of our car @ Pflueger Honda on Ala Moana. Having known a particular salesperson from my work place, I asked him about prices--- nope, 'it's in high demand', no discounts---nothing...... oh well...

Servicing at Honda Windward...very very good! If you wait for your vehicle in the waiting room, I personally believe it'll be worked on faster...

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai123
                      I don't mean to pile on but my Tony Autoplex experience was also very sour. I just wanted to get a brochure and I was practically held hostage, I actually caught a couple of their guys looking at my 97 Camry for a possible trade in before I even decided to buy a car. High pressure, arrogant bordering on rude. Never going back there.
                      My brother in law bought a new Honda Civic from Tony Honda a while back. As the car was delivered to the front of the store the sales guy told him that his black Civic with the blue pinstripes was the only one of it's kind on the island. Stepping in his brand new one of a kind Honda he looked up to see another one of a kind black Honda Civic with blue pinstripes coming back from a test drive.

My ex-girlfriend needed to sell her Buick Century LTD sedan and Tony Honda had a sign indicating they purchase used vehicles. They offered her $500 for this clean, well running, low mileage car. The year was 1989 and her car was a 1986 Buick.

Tony Honda sucks.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Mahalo pacificocean...

What you said about being prepared and having a name before going to a dealership is right on. Unfortunately we didn't know anyone at Tony. We do however know our salesman at Waipahu Auto Group (Ricky Takushi) who is top rate and made us a great deal on my wife's Rav

I'll look your friend up when I'm ready to buy (and now wavering over the new Element SC)

Comment

I also know Ricky Takushi - he's been with Waipahu Auto well over 20 years and is a proven pro. He's handled deals that I sent to him for a Sienna mini-van and Solara coupe. Also, another client of mine who bought a couple of RAV-4s.

Good luck in your search. The Pilot is a top pick in the midsize SUV category.

Craig, $500 for a THREE-YEAR-OLD car, even a domestic, qualifies as GRAND THEFT AUTO!
                          Last edited by oceanpacific; August 24, 2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

i know someone who knows someone at the autoplex so maybe that's why i wasn't treated badly (when i went there to buy an element) but after reading all the negative posts about the autoplex, i wondered if i could get my extras/warranties from honda windward so i called there today and spoke to someone in finance (terry) who said it was definitely possible.

so although it's kinda weird for me to buy the element from the autoplex and to drive over to honda windward to get various extras/warranties, your stories have kinda spooked me and i do hope that honda windward turns out to be as great as you all suggest it is....
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
                              i know someone who knows someone at the autoplex so maybe that's why i wasn't treated badly (when i went there to buy an element) but after reading all the negative posts about the autoplex, i wondered if i could get my extras/warranties from honda windward so i called there today and spoke to someone in finance (terry) who said it was definitely possible.

so although it's kinda weird for me to buy the element from the autoplex and to drive over to honda windward to get various extras/warranties, your stories have kinda spooked me and i do hope that honda windward turns out to be as great as you all suggest it is....
                              Honda Windward is a blessing...Tony Honda sucks. Need I say more? I'll even bet if you bought your Element from Honda Windward you probably could have gotten it cheaper despite knowing someone at the Autoplex.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X