This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So You Think You Can Dance

I feel so sorry for Ryan Sabado Age 29 from.... as it was spelled on the TV...
    Keneohe, HI... (I know they meant Kaneohe... but still national TV you would think they would get it correct)

Half way through the routine.... braddah tries a back flip and lands on his head....

Gonna attempt to take some screen shots w/ my cybershot now...

BRB

Re: Bang Crash...Local Boy messes up big time...

For some context, this appears to be from one of Fox's summer filler shows, "So You Think You Can Dance." You know, reaping glee from the humiliation of others. Extra points for physical injuries!

Ryan Sabado seems to have some dance experience, though, listed as a Rainbow Dancer here. Guess it just wasn't his night. Given that this is a Fox show, though, I think in the long term it's better he's out of the running early.

Comment

Re: So You Think You Can Dance: Bang Crash, Local Boy Messes Up

I saw that and flinched. They replayed it a couple times. It was a bad fall. Good thing he didn't break his neck (at least it didn't look like he did).

Comment

I believe Sabado was heavily involved with Marcelo Pacleb's 24-VII Dance Force. 24-VII is hot, Hot, HOT! I'm too tired to do a search so I can't back up that I also remember Sabado dancing with Brittney Spears or Christina A. or ??? The guy is no slouch when it comes to dancing and he just must've had a very bad night. Every entertainer has way more than one during their performance careers.

Now...if Pacleb would just offer a 64-VII Dance Force, I might join!

Comment

There are a few "So You Think You Can Dance" videos uploaded (likely to Fox's dismay) over at YouTube, including several featuring someone named Ryan. Not sure if it's the same Ryan, but if it is, it looks like he was doing quite well until tonight.

ETA: Er, sorry, it's Ryan Conferido, who was one of the finalists from the previous season. That's some fancy dancing! Anyway... I have no doubt Ryan Sabado's painful performance will show up on YouTube soon.
          Last edited by pzarquon; June 8, 2006, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I hope no one thinks I'm dissin the guy....
            Damn... I wish I could dance as well as him...

but he took a hard lump on National TV and this is HT...
            A place to comment and blog about what you see!

I wouldn't have ever been so specific and posted pics etc... if it hadn't already been public knowledge through other sites...

As yes...that would have been kind of shameful.

I hope the guy makes it some how...cause he is a good dancer!

Just to even attempt what he did.... was excellent....and I'm sure he hit's it most of the time.

Comment

so you think you can dance?

The second series I would say is much better...

Love this show...anyone else watching it?

can you imagine this one in a few years

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=767017108&n=2

manoa

Comment

Re: so you think you can dance?

we are. it rox. this bw couple is so good. they got da beat and charisma and connection.

Comment

My how feeling have changed for this show...I used to love it...now just DVR it.

I just read this article that pretty much implied that the show "so you think you can dance" is so popular with Tivo people... I don't have Tivo.. however I do record it to my DVR. I'm wondering how many Tivo subscribers Tivo it because they actually can't stand the show?

I only DVR it because I fricking hate the show... I can zoom through all the BS and just watch the Dances!

urks me that they are saying that I DVR it because I like the show!
                  If you're one of the viewers helping to make "So You Think You Can Dance" the most-recorded show on TiVo
                  http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/23799/dance-fever

And to think I actually watched this when I didn't have a DVR is kind of scaring me!
                  Last edited by damontucker; August 3, 2006, 07:41 PM. Reason: friggin excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I believe Sabado was heavily involved with Marcelo Pacleb's 24-VII Dance Force. 24-VII is hot, Hot, HOT! I'm too tired to do a search so I can't back up that I also remember Sabado dancing with Brittney Spears or Christina A. or ??? The guy is no slouch when it comes to dancing and he just must've had a very bad night. Every entertainer has way more than one during their performance careers.

Now...if Pacleb would just offer a 64-VII Dance Force, I might join!
                    I never bothered looking up the footage from this fall until a few minutes ago... as I was IM-ing w/ my brother (who is also a professional dancer) about the show, he had a friend Allan who made it a decent way through. Neither of us watched the show and decided to download the fall.

It turns out OMFG, it's Ryan! He was a childhood friend of ours, we lived right down the street from each other. His older brother was a classmate of mine and Ryan was in my brother's class.

So yeah, he was involved with 24-VII, he also danced for Britney Spears and was the director for the UH Rainbow Dancers... I think he did some other choreography gigs. Marcelo was the choreographer for Castle High School's Performing Arts Center program. I was sound engineer during my senior year (92), it was an honor working with him. Ryan attended Castle as well, graduating in 94.

My brother is looking for his contact info right now, I doubt he's giving up on his dreams though... Ryan is a talented performer and was just feeling bad at the moment.
                    Last edited by FauxReal; October 2, 2006, 04:47 PM.
                    QUAD Magazine - Urban music in Hawaii.

Comment

Re: So You Think You Can Dance

was there some sort of scandal with mario recently?

I just barely caught in on the "View" this morning ....

anything know what's up with that???? Something like Mario was going overboard..etc?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        The second series I would say is much better...

Love this show...anyone else watching it?

can you imagine this one in a few years

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=767017108&n=2

manoa
                        Ohh that is tooooooo cute Manoa.... he is just adorable...look at him go..
                        Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu View Post
                          Ohh that is tooooooo cute Manoa.... he is just adorable...look at him go..
                          ah tanks.... that's my mini me!

Comment

Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                            was there some sort of scandal with mario recently?

I just barely caught in on the "View" this morning ....

anything know what's up with that???? Something like Mario was going overboard..etc?
                            Not really a scandal. On Dancing with the Stars Mario threw in some 'flourishes' that were outside the boundaries that the judges considered acceptable for that particular dance (tango? sorry, can't remember exactly.). Mario said he was making the dance his own and trying to please his fans. Personally I feel he did a great job but, then, I like it when boundaries are pushed in that type of situation!

Comment

Working...
                            X