F-Troop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-Troop

While attempting to help a co-worker install Flash on their PC on Monday afternoon I went into IMDb to find a page that might use Flash. On the main page it listed that the DVDs that are coming on out on Tuesday sort of hinted towards a Western theme with titles like The Wild Wild West, a collection of John Ford/John Wayne films, an other collection of John Wayne films and F-Troop.

My co-worker remarked that he remembered the series, it sort of reminded him of Gilligan's Island, which I pointed out it was actually Dusty's Trail which had the similar plotline of Gilligan's Island. Forrest Tucker was both in F-Troop and Dusty's Trail. It was then I decided I should pick up F-Troop when it comes out.

Tuesday comes and I stop by Wal-Mart and Sam's Club neither place has it but Wal-Mart has The Wild Wild West, while Sam's Club is selling some of the titles contained in the John Ford/John Wayne collection but I pass on these titles, but I do manage to pick up the Third Season of Hogan's Heroes and two other titles from Wal-Mart.

When I get home that night I get a call from a friend and part of that conversation involves discussing the DVDs I brought and mentioning my minor quest of finding F-Troop. His reaction was that he was hearing F-Troop for the first time.

Wednesday comes and I head over to Costco after work. F-Troop wasn't there but they were selling the John Ford/John Wayne film collection for $49. I am not a Western fan by any means but hey 8 movies for $49 (and three are not Westerns) seems like a good deal so I pick it up.

On the way back home I stop by Ala Moana and I check out Barnes & Nobles and sure enough they are selling F-Troop. So I picked that up for around $40 or so.

This is the first season of the series which was broadcast in Black & White. The package contains 6 DVD's with about 6 half-hour episodes per disc. I checked out 3 of the discs, they don't have any special features in it. Just the episodes.

So far I have seen 6 of the episodes (2 per disc). The only special feature which I didn't try is to have subtitles in either French or Spanish.

Re: F-Troop

ha! talk about going back in time! that was a funny series.

i remember how in elementary school some kids would refer to their group as the f troop cuz they always scored poorly on tests!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
    X