Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Hawaiian Music in Washington State

Hey Friends,
    Come hear some live local music in Duvall tonight (6/6/9) 6:30pm - 8:30pm at Lei's Resturant in Duvall. Good food, good music, good fun! Hope to see you there! -alakai

Re: Live Hawaiian Music in Washington State

Aloha, alakai --- who are you? I'll wager we know each other...
    In fact, I hope to be there tonight, joining Pat in playing music.
    =Gregg=

Comment

Maybe we gotta go holoholo to Duvall tonight too! (for da poke, music and mac salad).

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

oh man, I wish I could go!

Comment

May be there, may not be - the AF is a wee bit under the weather.

Comment

I got my mac salad and poke fix tonight at Lei's! Alakai, my guess is you were the Hawaiian looking buggah playing da purple guitar, yeah? I recognized at least one of da odda guys as a bruddah who kanikapila wit Leo sometimes. Da haole wahine at da long table looked like she could do one mean hula!

One odda ting I noticed: all da "local" looking guys ordered Longboard Lager and poke!

Good music you guys wen play.

A hui hou,
            Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              I got my mac salad and poke fix tonight at Lei's! Alakai, my guess is you were the Hawaiian looking buggah playing da purple guitar, yeah? I recognized at least one of da odda guys as a bruddah who kanikapila wit Leo sometimes. Da haole wahine at da long table looked like she could do one mean hula!

One odda ting I noticed: all da "local" looking guys ordered Longboard Lager and poke!

Good music you guys wen play.
              yea that was me, . i get invited every now and then to sit in. i haven't played with those guys in months, but it always fun.

thanks for stoppin in.
              Originally posted by Leo Lakio
              Aloha, alakai --- who are you? I'll wager we know each other...
              In fact, I hope to be there tonight, joining Pat in playing music.
              we were waiting for you......

Comment

Originally posted by alakai
                we were waiting for you......
                Yeah, the Alpha Female was unwell much of the weekend, unfortunately. Another time...
                Originally posted by Miulang
                I recognized at least one of da odda guys as a bruddah who kanikapila wit Leo sometimes.
                Pat's got a regular gig there on Friday nights; he's been playing with our halau for something like 15 years. His daughter was visiting from Chicago that night, too, so it was a real shame to miss the show (we played at her wedding.)

Comment

Originally posted by alakai
                  yea that was me, . i get invited every now and then to sit in. i haven't played with those guys in months, but it always fun.
                  Took me a while, CR, but I shoulda recognized your name. Been too long since we've played together; we should get another opportunity soon. Hope your Japan trip was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                    Took me a while, CR, but I shoulda recognized your name. Been too long since we've played together; we should get another opportunity soon. Hope your Japan trip was a blast.
                    - You know what's like in Japan .

Comment

Originally posted by alakai View Post
                      Hey Friends,
                      Come hear some live local music in Duvall tonight (6/6/9) 6:30pm - 8:30pm at Lei's Resturant in Duvall. Good food, good music, good fun! Hope to see you there! -alakai

We'll be back this Friday, Nov 3rd. Same time, same place. Hope to see you there!

Comment

We'll be back this Friday, Nov 3rd. Same time, same place. Hope to see you there!

I know it's pau but who was performing there?
                        'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                          I know it's pau but who was performing there?
                          Myself (guitar/vocals) and a friend (ukulele/vocals) sat in with the Friday night regulars on slide guitar and bass. Another fun night in Duvall.

Comment

Myself (guitar/vocals) and a friend (ukulele/vocals) sat in with the Friday night regulars on slide guitar and bass. Another fun night in Duvall.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Were there hula dancers also? Just asking.
                            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                              Sounds like a lot of fun! Were there hula dancers also? Just asking.
                              Wasn't able to get there last night to hear them play, but I did see them one other time and they are very good musicians (Leo Lakio sometimes plays with them, too, although he wasn't there when we last saw the group). They don't have any hula dancers as part of their show (unless people from the audience get up and dance), but their music is nevertheless appreciated by expats who show up at Lei's. You can figure out who the locals are by what they order: every table with locals has orders of poke and Spam musubi and bottles of Longboard on the table!

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X