LavaNet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LavaNet

The story broke last week, but I only caught it now... oddly enough, in browsing unrelated information about the band Pali, headed by Pali Tuan W. Kaaihue. Kaaihue, who has been LavaNet's president since March (he started as a customer service rep), has bought out the company and will be its CEO.

LavaNet's president buys out company
    "No one knows this brand better than I do," he said. "It was important to me that we keep our employees, who built a reputation for excellent customer service, and I wanted to play an even bigger role in keeping the lava flowing. My team and I look forward to ushering in this new era of growth and being a part of LavaNet's evolution. We have very aggressive and specific plans for the future."
    I wish Kaaihue and the team at LavaNet all the best. These are wild and wacky times to be in telecommunications. For as long as LavaNet's been around, they've had a reputation as being a great, local company that emphasizes good service over cut-rate prices. I hope they keep up the high standards, even as they move into all sorts of new areas.

Re: LavaNet

Whoa congrats to Pali! I remember him when I used to have Lavanet before cable. Also when I used to play Quake online... his handle was Punkassbitch lol

Comment

Uh-oh.. my QUAKE past is catching up to me

heh heh...

Mahalo Nui for the congrats!

pzarquon, we're back in the studio working on 2 Cds, 1 'Tribute' one, and once completed, the follow up to 'In Harmony.' Once they're done, I'll be sure to send um to ya for your podcast..

Cheers!

Comment

Interesting LavaNet news! I'm a Hawaiian Telcom DSL customer of late but just can't give up my LavaNet dialup account...too much separation anxiety involved!!! I suppose the news went out via email to the customers but I'm so far behind in non-work related emails that I'll probably never catch up.

So, yes, congratulations, Pali. Say hi to Michael for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pali

pzarquon, we're back in the studio working on 2 Cds, 1 'Tribute' one, and once completed, the follow up to 'In Harmony.'
          Howzit braddah Pali! I'll definitely be looking forward to those new CDs. Any guesstimations as for when they might be released?

Btw, are you by any chance related to the late Peter (wife Sally) Ka'aihue from Waimanalo? Mahalo! \m/

Comment

Pali check your PM

Comment

Mahalo tutusue & Lurkah!

tutusue.. I will pass the message on to Michael. Got some stuff up my sleeve in regards to new services/prices that will be announced in the next couple of months... thank you soooooooooo much for keeping your account with us!

lurkah.. thanks eh!!! 'Tribute' will probably be released in late October, early Nov. of this year. The 'In Harmony' follow up will be early 2007 sometime.

I get plenty `ohana in Nalo! the late Peter was my dad (Thomas... goes by Wayne, his middle name)'s second cousin. Most of my `ohana is in Waimanalo and Nanakuli/Waianae side.

Comment

I had a lavanet account when I was on Oahu last. Great service, better than any dial-up service I ever had on the mainland. It's amazing they managed to survive the broadband age.

Comment

Mahalo Vanguard.. glad you had a good experience with us...

After my 'first' presidential announcement to our userbase, I did an open invite for anyone to shoot me their comments, complaints, concerns etc. Had about 472 emails that came in (with maybe, 20 or 21 calls).

It really is our customer service/high touch practice that has kept us in the game since 1994. Wish I could say we always got it right... cuz we haven't, but our overall batting average has been pretty good

I'll be the first to admit, it's been tough with Verizon/HawTel and Oceanic's offering. Our DSL holds it's own, but cost wise, for residential clients, I'd be the first person to tell them they'd find a better deal through one of our competitors. For business DSL clients, dialup or soon to roll out wireless services, we'd like to think we have something to fit the need. I think way back, we adopted the saying "we're not trying to be the biggest, but we strive to be one of the best."

Thanks again all, back to work I go

A Hui Hou!

Pali

Comment

LavaNet's got blog space...and new stuffage

Pali asked me to pass this along for anyone interested....he's kinda busy with riding the range doing scat roundup.

Their new site is up and running and open for public usage, anyone can use it, ya don't have to be a subscriber to Lavanet.

http://lava.net/

Comment

Snazzy. Blogs appear to be running WordPress, or a multi-user derivative. And they're running phpBB for the forum -- an interesting choice. Can't wait to see what Pali comes up with for podcasts!

Comment

Bet he'd be up for any help or suggestions from you, give him a holler

Comment

Aloha all! (Mahalo Pesh!) Howzit pzarquon!!!

Man, it's been busy over here

...as for podcasts, boy, lotta folks are mic shy around these parts (aka Lava-staff)... so, we're doing a bunch right now and will have them up in a few days. MOST importantly, we'll be linking to three of the BEST local podcasts:

*hawaiiup.com <g>
                          *keola donaghy's nahenahe.net
                          *scott waters Maui Mac podcast

Definitely open to suggestions, pointers, comments, complaints (ok, not so much the last one.. heh heh.. nah nah, it's all good) etc... feel free to drop me a line: president@lava.net

mahalo again for all the kind words and support... back to work I go..

A Hui Hou!
                          Last edited by Pali; July 18, 2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
                            Though the streams are swollen
                            Keep them dogies rollin'
                            Rawhide!
                            Rain and wind and weather
                            Hell-bent for leather
                            Wishin' my gal was by my side.
                            All the things I'm missin',
                            Good vittles, love, and kissin',
                            Are waiting at the end of my ride

CHORUS
                            Move 'em on, head 'em up
                            Head 'em up, move 'em on
                            Move 'em on, head 'em up

*snicker*

>;-}p~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Pali
                              Uh-oh.. my QUAKE past is catching up to me

heh heh...

Mahalo Nui for the congrats!

pzarquon, we're back in the studio working on 2 Cds, 1 'Tribute' one, and once completed, the follow up to 'In Harmony.' Once they're done, I'll be sure to send um to ya for your podcast..

Cheers!
                              sup Pali!

did u ever manage House of Music in Ala Moana? my brother had a friend named Tuan that used to manage dea and had a band. if i recall Tuan used to live Kapahulu side and played mean guitar and keyboards. hmmmmm
                              Reggie aka pinakboy
                              Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                              Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                              Recipe Tube TV!
                              Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                              X