Looking for a specific Hawaii book of photographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a specific Hawaii book of photographs

Some years ago, my mom saw a picture book in a bookstore on Oahu -- it was a a large hardcover book of photographs, and on the cover was a photo of Sacred Hearts Academy, and students outside (of course, the rest of the book had nothing to do with the school, it had all kinds of Hawai'i scenery). She did not buy it then, but now she would like to acquire a copy of it. Of course, my first reaction was to contact the school itself to see if they knew the title, but apparently, it was news to them that such a book existed with their own school on the cover. If anyone knows about this book and had a title, author, even just a publisher, that would help. Thanks

Re: Looking for a specific Hawaii book of photographs

Originally posted by Vanguard
    Some years ago, my mom saw a picture book in a bookstore on Oahu -- it was a a large hardcover book of photographs, and on the cover was a photo of Sacred Hearts Academy, and students outside (of course, the rest of the book had nothing to do with the school, it had all kinds of Hawai'i scenery). She did not buy it then, but now she would like to acquire a copy of it. Of course, my first reaction was to contact the school itself to see if they knew the title, but apparently, it was news to them that such a book existed with their own school on the cover. If anyone knows about this book and had a title, author, even just a publisher, that would help. Thanks
    Are you SURE that the Sacred Hearts girls were on the cover? Because I think this is the book you're looking for.

A Day in the Life of Hawai`i -- all photos used in the book were taken within a 24 hour period.

That shot of the Sacred Hearts girls was taken early one morning right after daily flag raising when I was in the 3rd grade. We were told to turn around because there was a guy standing atop the Ave Maria grotto who wanted to take our picture. Pretty exciting back then.

Was this what you were looking for? I can't recall of any covers the SHA student body's been on within the past 20 years or so.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Thanks so much! That was a cool coincidence and recount of what happened during the pic

I'm going to grab myself a copy and see if it is indeed the book -- my mom remembered the photo in question as being on the cover, but she could be wrong since it was over a decade ago that the book was seen. I guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks the latest :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
        Thanks so much! That was a cool coincidence and recount of what happened during the pic

I'm going to grab myself a copy and see if it is indeed the book -- my mom remembered the photo in question as being on the cover, but she could be wrong since it was over a decade ago that the book was seen. I guess we'll know for sure in a few weeks the latest :P
        I'm pretty sure you can find that book at any major local bookstore.

My mom still has that book on her coffee table and I just looked through it the other day. It's kinda neat comparing then and now, but what remains the same is the beauty throughout.

I'd tell you where I'm standing in that photo, but I'm afraid I'm just a little dot missing some teeth.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko
          I'm pretty sure you can find that book at any major local bookstore.

My mom still has that book on her coffee table and I just looked through it the other day. It's kinda neat comparing then and now, but what remains the same is the beauty throughout.

I'd tell you where I'm standing in that photo, but I'm afraid I'm just a little dot missing some teeth.
          I received this book a few days ago, gave it to my mom, and she says that was the book. She also says thanks for the help :P

Comment

Working...
          X