Kiana from an Alaskan Grannie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiana from an Alaskan Grannie

Kiana--hello--from Alaska. I found this site and I am thrilled. My second son lives in Kona with his soon to be wife--she is so wonderful. I am a great grannie and a grannie of 11 and a mom of 5 grown children. I will retire from my job with the Indian Tribe in 4 years. My son has asked me to come live on the Big Island.

I am thinking about this. The winters are so long, dark and cold here and for 9 months there isn't really anything for elders to do.

Anyway, I am excited to be here.

Re: Kiana from an Alaskan Grannie

Nice to hear from you, great-grannie.
    Wow - Alaska to Hawai`i; now that would be quite the cultural/climatological shift!

Comment

Originally posted by Annitta
      Kiana--hello--from Alaska.[...]
      Interesting that kiana means hello in your neck 'o the woods! Kiana is the Hawaiian name for Diane. Welcome to HT. Fasten your seat belt and come along for the ride!

Comment

and...
        maori is kia orana

rapa nui is similar
        'iorana

Comment

Aloha and Welcome to our HawaiiThreads.com Ohana!

I'm Auntie Lynn.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thank you everyone for such a nice warm welcome.

I still have 3 or 4 more years to go yet before I can move. My son and his wonderful fiance is in the planning stages for a summer home there. They live and work in Kona. I will be in a "cabin" --what we call a small house--where they are building their summer home. I am looking forward to this.

I have to sell my house first and that will be difficult since that is where my husband passed over 5 years ago, but I know in my heart that he would not want me to hang on here just because of that. Memories of him I keep within and they go everywhere I go.

Again, thank you for such a wonderful welcome.

I shall "talk" again on Monday for I do not own a computer at home.

Bless,
            Annitta

Comment

Working...
            X