Dick Jensen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Jensen

So I come home and my wife has his latest cd playing. I'm like whoa this is something my mom would listen to. Anyway she said that it was given to her by Dick Jensen's wife. She said they had a private party for him at Kaiser Moanalua. A handful of Kaiser caregivers including my wife were invited to the party which consisted mostly local entertainers and family members.

Apparently he's been really sick and this was supposedly a celebration of his life and career. Anyway just wanted to mention that in case anyone wanted to keep him and his family in their thoughts and prayers.

Re: Dick Jensen

definitely! he is an icon! I am friends with his brother Rocky. so, he is hanai. I said so.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne

Apparently he's been really sick and this was supposedly a celebration of his life and career.
      For those who may not know, Dick Jensen has Lou Gehrig's disease. He was also one of the recipients of the Hawai'i Academy of Recording Arts 2006 Lifetime Achiement Awards. Here's a nice photo of him with wife Toni (far right) and celebrity friends from last January.

Comment

See Ben Woods column here from today's Star-Bulletin.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Sadly, Dick Jensen passed away this morning.

My sincere condolences to his family and his extended ohana on their loss.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Condolences to the family and friends of the late Dick Jensen (Lance Curtis). My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Aloha Dick. Thanks for the memories...
            Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

More complete obituaries available in today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin and Honolulu Advertiser.

Dynamic talent made performer a 'Giant'
              Jensen was best known throughout his career as a dynamic showroom performer, a cross perhaps between Sammy Davis Jr. and James Brown... Born Richard Hiram Jensen, Dick Jensen became a powerful presence in the local teen music scene using the stage name Lance Curtis before moving to the mainland and establishing himself as a top up-and-coming showroom headliner on the national entertainment scene.
              Dick Jensen dead at 64
              Nicknamed "The Giant," Jensen was a prime mover of nightclub shows and a favorite of audiences because of his belting voice and imposing physical perormances on stage. He was noted for his glide — a proto-Moonwalk — well before Michael Jackson made it fashionable... His riveting, furious performance style was part Tom Jones, part Humperdinck, with dance accenting his booming vocals. One of his signatures was the rock classic, "Vehicle." Jensen also was known for a clever monologue involving Lone Ranger and sidekick Tonto, complete with sound effects.

Comment

Rest In Peace Mr. Richard Hiram (Dick) Jensen

My sincerest condolences to his Ohana.

Love and Aloha,

Lynn Vasquez and Ohana
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Being Forgotten :{

How does someone be a part of a family for 30 something years as a Hanai daughter and once her father passes on (DICK JENSEN), she is deleated from all existance. Was it just to passify him? My name is Debra, the first thing that blew me away was not being notified of the '' CELEBRATION OF LIFE'', that was done just before my father passed, then, of course the numorus calls I have made from California to check on his condition and know one picking up cell phones or ever getting back with messages left from his home message or our family members... Then theres the part of how when I finally did get someone to talk to me because I had been told they couldn't talk and had to hang up, well by sunday the 26th of June 2006, at 5:30 A.M. HAWAII time I was told my father had been dead since tuesday and that person was so sorry to have to be the one to tell me that like that, and that was wrong, with all appologies. Then there was the Obituaries, and a few other news ads, never once was I listed, the daughter he claimed for so many years, and his music producer Tom Moffat, finally met and spoke to me about how my dad had always talked to him about me just seemed like I was nothing. What happened? I am deepley hurt, why has this happend? He's gone now, is that it, his Hanai daughter is nothing to them, close the door. I was in his life longer than any relationship any wife or other child he ever had he possesed pictures and letters from me since I was a little girl. Tom Moffat, can vouch for that, he knew about all my fathers personal relationship with me. Someone please contact me, help me to understand whats going on, why this is happining, I pray more than anything to recover all my letters and cards and photos that I sent to my father throughout our life, it was something special we shared, something I will be able to look over and read and remember, as I keep him only in my memories now. He is all I had... Mahalo, Debra Laron

Comment

Working...
                  X