North Korea Practice????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea Practice????

I heard on CNN - N. Korea is planning to launch some guided missiles! So they got their warning. What is happening as far as us Normal Citizens? I mean...the idiot says the missiles will be able to reach the UNITED STATES!!!

hELLO???? Hawai'i is the first State to be reached.

Auntie Lynn

btw: It was great knowing all of you! I love everybody!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; June 19, 2006, 10:53 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: North Korea Practice????

I doubt it that the North Korea is going to put a live nuclear warhead in their test missile.

And I suspect that if they do launch it, they would make it down in the ocean as opposed to land.

Comment

The US will have to rely on the powers of persuasion of the Japanese and the Communist Chinese in this one. We are considered a paper tiger in the eyes of the rest of the world. We don't have enough troops to send over to Korea to keep North Korea in check.The Japanese and the Communist Chinese and the South Koreans have way more to lose than we do. If it's gonna be a regional war, then let Asia duke it out....keep us out of it.

They have thus far tested a 2-stage missile (with a range far enough to get to Japan). Theoretically, they could have a 3-stage missile which could carry a warhead that would be able to reach the Mainland US. Helen's right. They will be testing the capability of the rockets that would carry the bombs, not the payloads (the bombs) themselves at this point.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

They were warned to not launch. Do you think they will abide by the warnings? If not. What steps or what will The United States and the rest of the countries in Asia do?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
          They were warned to not launch. Do you think they will abide by the warnings? If not. What steps or what will The United States and the rest of the countries in Asia do?

Auntie Lynn
          My theory is the reason Kim Il Jung is acting up right now is because he's jealous of what Condoleeeeeeza is offering to Iran not to ramp up its atomic program. I think it's kinda funny that we offer incentives to a country which has no verifiable evidence of a nuclear capability (Iran) but won't do the same thing with a country that we KNOW has that capability (N. Korea). This is the mess we are in right now. And then the White House says we need to look at nuclear energy as an alternate fuel to wean overselves off our reliance on Middle East oil. Something is verrrry wrong with this picture. It's OK for us and our friends to be able to light houses with atomic energy, but any countries that aren't our friends can't have the same capability?

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            The US will have to rely on the powers of persuasion of the Japanese and the Communist Chinese in this one. We are considered a paper tiger in the eyes of the rest of the world. We don't have enough troops to send over to Korea to keep North Korea in check.The Japanese and the Communist Chinese and the South Koreans have way more to lose than we do. If it's gonna be a regional war, then let Asia duke it out....keep us out of it.

They have thus far tested a 2-stage missile (with a range far enough to get to Japan). Theoretically, they could have a 3-stage missile which could carry a warhead that would be able to reach the Mainland US. Helen's right. They will be testing the capability of the rockets that would carry the bombs, not the payloads (the bombs) themselves at this point.

Miulang
            Muilang,

Wow, ummm. You haven't read anything about the 2 Koreas in a while have you? They fought this war in the 50's called the Korean War and we have been there ever since. We have over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea. The South Korean military is there too. Not much augmentation needed. We are no "paper tiger" in that region even with 35,000 troops. Our equipment is alot better than thiers too.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
              Muilang,

Wow, ummm. You haven't read anything about the 2 Koreas in a while have you? They fought this war in the 50's called the Korean War and we have been there ever since. We have over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea. The South Korean military is there too. Not much augmentation needed. We are no "paper tiger" in that region even with 35,000 troops. Our equipment is alot better than thiers too.
              Chris...many of those troops stationed in Korea are waiting to be deployed to the Middle East, just like Lt. Watada was. It's just a matter of time...

Miulang

Comment

Chris...many of those troops stationed in Korea are waiting to be deployed to the Middle East, just like Lt. Watada was. It's just a matter of time...

Miulang
                That name belongs in another forum.

As for the troops in South Korea, USFK is USFK. They are staying right where they are, trust me. Thats why they are called USFK. North Korea is more of a threat than Iraq ever was, only because their leader is a socio/psychopath. I take it you are not in any way associated with the US military.

Comment

The North Korean threat is very real. I am sorry to say your wrong, Muilang, but the troops stationed in South Korea will stay in South Korea. The Administration of the United States of America knows that right now they are in no position to make demands of the ROK. I agree that the People Republic of China and the Russian Federation are the only two nations that ROK will take seriously at this point. Now 1st Wahine you need to understand that this is only a single test of a missle which is just a show of force. In no way did the ROK say that it was going to attack the US. It is a purely political attack on the US.
                  Last edited by War_Resisters_Canada; June 21, 2006, 05:25 AM.
                  "Canada shall be a refuge from militarism"
                  Prime Minister Piere Trudeau

Comment

Originally posted by War_Resisters_Canada
                    Now 1st Wahine you need to understand that this is only a single test of a missle which is just a show of force. In no way did the ROK say that it was going to attack the US. It is a purely political attack on the US.
                    Chris, In my "first" post I brought the atention to fact that I "saw" the News on CNN. I know for a fact the DPRK is not launching live missles!

I may be pUpUle but I nut DUMB!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                    Last edited by 1stwahine; June 21, 2006, 05:45 AM. Reason: Thanks chriscollado "DPRK!"

Comment

I did not say they would be launching live missles anywhere in my response. I simply implied that through the use of a unarmed missle they are proving there military capability...

Comment

My theory is the reason Kim Il Jung is acting up right now is because he's jealous of what Condoleeeeeeza is offering to Iran not to ramp up its atomic program. I think it's kinda funny that we offer incentives to a country which has no verifiable evidence of a nuclear capability (Iran) but won't do the same thing with a country that we KNOW has that capability (N. Korea). This is the mess we are in right now. And then the White House says we need to look at nuclear energy as an alternate fuel to wean overselves off our reliance on Middle East oil. Something is verrrry wrong with this picture. It's OK for us and our friends to be able to light houses with atomic energy, but any countries that aren't our friends can't have the same capability?

Miulang
                        There IS verifiable evidence that they have a nuclear capability. We have satellite pictures of their facilities, and guess what? If your nuclear program was to be used in a civil fashion ie. for electricity, then why would you have AAA (Anit Aircraft Artillery) emplacements around it? We don't have AAA guarding our nuclear facilities.

"It's OK for us and our friends to be able to light houses with atomic energy, but any countries that aren't our friends can't have the same capability?"

You are damn right.

You obviously don't know anything about Kim-Jong-Il do you? This guy is crazy. He has his people believe that he is a god, he tells them that HE invented electricity and the television and how he is the protector of his people. That guy is insane.

As for Iran, their president is one of the people who kidnapped the U.S. Embassy workers and held them for almost 2 years and organized many of the "Death to the great Satan USA" marches. Now think about that for a minute. Do you want a country that you KNOW hates you building nukes?

It isn't our call if they can are allowed to have Atomic Energy, It is up to the UN. If the UN decides they can't have it then they cant have it?

Comment

I did not say they would be launching live missles anywhere in my response. I simply implied that through the use of a unarmed missle they are proving there military capability...
                          My Bad! Too early in da morning!

Auntie Lynn

btw: My son was stationed there too. My daughter was depolyed there when another crisis arose! Yep! I had three in War Zones at one time. No wonder I'm puPuLe!
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; June 21, 2006, 05:41 AM.

Comment

The North Korean threat is very real. I am sorry to say your wrong, Muilang, but the troops stationed in South Korea will stay in South Korea. The Administration of the United States of America knows that right now they are in no position to make demands of the ROK. I agree that the People Republic of China and the Russian Federation are the only two nations that ROK will take seriously at this point. Now 1st Wahine you need to understand that this is only a single test of a missle which is just a show of force. In no way did the ROK say that it was going to attack the US. It is a purely political attack on the US.
                            Who are we making demands to? Not the ROK they are our allies. DPRK would be the North. You don't read news.. Wow .. You're missing alot. They started this stunt because they want DIRECT talks with the U.S. The U.S. said no to direct talks and said that we can resume the 6 nation talks with them.

This is called a strong-arm tactic to get our attention. Read a little more.

Comment

Like I said I find your children's service to be honourable to our great nation and his service in ROK contributed to the relative peace that region has had. However I still do not codone Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                              X