X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon service and the Road to Hana

hi everyone,

well, the day is near and we'll be flying out to oahu and maui -

i was wondering if anyone can tell me about the availability of verizon cellular service on the road to hana.

thanks.

joel

Re: Verizon service and the Road to Hana

You can start by looking up Verizon Wireless' coverage map for the island of Maui. Definitely looks like there are some gaps there. Hopefully someone on Maui can give you real-world rather than theoretical coverage information.

Comment

I've driven the road to Hana many times and can tell you that there is no service along most of the road. This goes for T-Mobile as well...once you get into Hana, lower Nahiku is where coverage starts with Verizon...but again, there isn't any T-Mobile service in Hana. Good luck....take your time and enjoy the scenery....it's beautiful and I miss it dearly!

Comment

Reception on your car radio will be iffy, too. I think there are payphones located at the State parks along the way (at least there used to be) if you have an emergency, and if your car breaks down, there's enough traffic going on that road during the day (wouldn't want to drive on that road during the dark, though) that you shouldn't have problems flagging down some help.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

thank you for the replies... we're trying to get together with some friends from the mainland and are trying to coordinate times.

it's nice to know in advance about the "coverage" or lack of it.

joel

Comment

Working...
          X