Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Birthday Party Restaurant any suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Birthday Party Restaurant any suggestions??

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but we are in the planning stages of another first birthday party sometime in September. Our other son had his 4 years ago and it cost about $3500, I dont want to pay that much again, yet I dont want to go really cheap either. Anyone have suggestions as to what restaurant I could look into.

Thanks!

KalihiBoy

Re: First Birthday Party Restaurant any suggestions??

How many people do you expect will attend? The answers will probably differ if you're talking 50 people or 250 people!

Whenever our family needs a large space, we frequently default to Treetops or the Pagoda. Not high-end by any means, though. I recently went to a first birthday party at the Japanese Cultural Center that was catered externally. A nice facility.

Comment

Chucky Cheese

Farrells (opening soon!)

Traditional Hawaiian Baby Luau (catering can run $10-20/person), you supply backyard
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Years ago I attended a first birthday luau at Sea Life Park and it was great. Don't know what they charge, but it was memorable...the seals bark the whole time so it's kinda funny for kids.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Chuck E. Cheese? Ai! Pomai, if Kalihiboy's first party cost $3500, I'm pretty sure they're not in the Chuck E. Cheese ballpark. Heck, even if Chuck E. Cheese was all I could afford, I'm pretty sure I'd go with the backyard option instead!

Comment

My grandson's 1st birthday was at Jungle River Minature Golf Course located in PearlRidge. We decorated the whole place with balloons and birthday decorations. It was like Disneyland ~ Local Style!

Limit for Party: 200

For Food ~ We had Hawaiian Food and Gandule Rice. Of course all homemade! For the children ~ we purchased Pizza's!

They had the whole Golf Course to play and the kiddie rides to enjoy.

It was enjoyable for everyone. Young and old!

Auntie Lynn

Last edited by 1stwahine; June 21, 2006, 11:54 AM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm interested in responses since I will be back home to have the newest ones birthday party, this time, next year. Though I'm thinking I will go with my cousin's backyard for a baby luau. Oh yeah, I FINALLY had my baby boy, good to be back on da threads, at least to catch up and read.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina
                I'm interested in responses since I will be back home to have the newest ones birthday party, this time, next year. Though I'm thinking I will go with my cousin's backyard for a baby luau. Oh yeah, I FINALLY had my baby boy, good to be back on da threads, at least to catch up and read.
                Congrats to you and your family Lei!

I missed ya!

You made me

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie! I'll have to send you pictures and stats. Will PM you.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies I think we will have around 120 people this time around? Auntie Lynn, is it possible to have a party during the daytime at the Jungle River mini golf course?

Thanks! KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina

Congrats, LeiKaina! Good to have you back. Gee, wonder what an appropriate spot to read your birth story would be, should you post it!?

Welcome to your little guy. Eager to hear his stats, etc.!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                        Thanks for all of the replies I think we will have around 120 people this time around? Auntie Lynn, is it possible to have a party during the daytime at the Jungle River mini golf course?

Thanks! KalihiBoy
                        Yes! I called and got the following information.

Jungle River Mini Golf Course - PearlRidge
                        98-1101 Moanalua Rd.
                        Aiea, Hawaii 96701

Ph: (808) 488-8808

Open @ 10:00 a.m.

They have several packages available.
                        Ask for "Bernie!"

To rent the party area is $200.00

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ho Ho's in Kapolei seems to be real popular for parties. Tried the weekends twice for dinner, but the inside dining area was closed for parties. Only outside dining available for walk-ins and that wasn't much. Looks like a pretty good buffet they got going.

Out thisaway, people rent out the "ballroom" at Dot's and have the food catered by Marian's. Izalright, but not the greatest.

Comment

Ok... I know I'm gonna get some haters on me for saying this...

The first birthday thing here in Hawaii can get kind of ridiculous.

I inquired about it to my friend that knows about Hawaiian things...and they said that back in the days... the mortality rates for kids was very low.... so that when and if a child made 1 years of age... the child was then celebrated in a big way!!!

Now a days...the chances of children reaching the age of 1 is pretty good compared to back then in the days...

so if you ask me... I think spending $3500.00 on a party for someone who won't remember it is kind of ridiculous. That money could be put in a college trust fund and by the child turns 18 it would be close to 4,000 - 5,000..

If you have the money to blow...then do it... I just think that too many people ring up big bills for there childs first birthday when that child will only remember it by pictures!

I have a big family.... a huge family.... could have easily had thousands at a party should we choose.... however we kept our childs party to the immediate first family and had less than 50 people there.... Most the food was prepared potluck family style... and all envelopes given to my son went straight to his college fund...

I wish someone would have dropped a $3,500 check in one of those envelopes!

Manoa
                            Last edited by damontucker; June 21, 2006, 09:08 PM. Reason: oops birthday...not wedding

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                              [...]so if you ask me... I think spending $3500.00 on a party for someone who won't remember it is kind of ridiculous. That money could be put in a college trust fund and by the child turns 18 it would be close to 4,000 - 5,000..[...]
                              Currently EmigrantDirect.com's money market fund is at 4.65%. That $3500. compounded annually for 17 years (age 1 to 18) with no additional deposits will add up to approx. $7,580. In the hands of a reputable investment advisor and with a bit more risk, the total could double...or more.

Back on topic...I like Auntie's idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X