High School Musical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Musical

This Disney made for TV flick is really well done. I was in quite a few musicals in high school, only scored leads in the chorus, never a star @;

Anyway, my little girls are mesmerized. They had been exposed to it at school and sang the songs before I parted with $15 to buy it at Costco. So right now they are in the shower singing "Soaring! Flying!" and it's nice.

A couple of things I liked about this movie:
    Boys singing and dancing well. Really well. The choreography is terrific. It's great to see this. I also liked a song that's performed in the cafeteria. The "groups" are singing a song about maintaining the status quo. How the jocks are this way, the rah-rahs this way, the nerds this way and the stoners another way...yet within each little group is someone who wants to break out and try something else. Anyway, I thought it hit this little dilemma among teens squarely on the head.

I recommend it at least once, but your kids will be glued to the TV for a few hours and will always have this in play. I think part of it is seeing teenagers, but not having to endure any kind of sexual tension or love scenes--there's one kiss, I think.

Thumbs up.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: High School Musical

Exactly! My kids love this movie, too. We have both the DVD and the CD. I took my daughter and her friends to a dance on Saturday night. They sang the songs going there and coming back home. Now I can't get those songs out of my head. My son watched this movie so often that I had to take it away from him for a few days (now I can't get him to stop watching the new Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin).

We need more movies like this one. I read that the sequel might air on the Disney channel in January.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
      Exactly! My kids love this movie, too. We have both the DVD and the CD. I took my daughter and her friends to a dance on Saturday night. They sang the songs going there and coming back home. Now I can't get those songs out of my head. My son watched this movie so often that I had to take it away from him for a few days (now I can't get him to stop watching the new Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin).

We need more movies like this one. I read that the sequel might air on the Disney channel in January.

High School Musical is HOT!

One of my clients is Keiki Kani Music Studio in Aiea and I've been pushing them to focus on music that their kids are crazy about.

The result is classes about High School Musical this summer. We have a banner outiside with a large picture from it and have gotten tons of responses.

Comment

We are thinking of having the kids in the school, say each class K-5, do a song and dance from this show, without actually doing the show. Does anyone know if we'd have to do some kind of copyright dance for an elementary school show that we could dub a "variety" show instead of an out-and-out word-for-word adherance to the original script?
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Think of this as a kind of "Grease" for this generation. I'm sorry to say that I've had these songs beaten into my brain by my kids! Like I can tell you that "soaring, flying" is from "Start of Something New" and it was in the beginning of the movie when Troy and Gabriela first met on the boat in a karaoke contest but I digress.....

What amazes me is how it's not only girls but boys liking this show. My son's baaseball team tells each other to "Getcha head in the Game". Having that sports component must be the reason for this. Yes, very good, wholesome Disney entertainment. The kind of stuff that parents will have no worries about. The only thing that puzzles me is how hugely popular this is!

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
            Think of this as a kind of "Grease" for this generation. I'm sorry to say that I've had these songs beaten into my brain by my kids! Like I can tell you that "soaring, flying" is from "Start of Something New" and it was in the beginning of the movie when Troy and Gabriela first met on the boat in a karaoke contest but I digress.....

What amazes me is how it's not only girls but boys liking this show. My son's baaseball team tells each other to "Getcha head in the Game". Having that sports component must be the reason for this. Yes, very good, wholesome Disney entertainment. The kind of stuff that parents will have no worries about. The only thing that puzzles me is how hugely popular this is!

Well, darlin' you're a DAD and you're not supposed to understand! Sheesh if you understood, they probably would have given it a pass! It's interesting to raise a new generation that before our eyes independently develops its own cultural aspects. We just have to watch and hope it goes well. This is one of those little shows that reassures me!
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Well, now my kids want to make creme brulee for dessert tonight. I wonder why?
              * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
              - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
              X