Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from Scotland

Well England actually (minor detail ) but I will get back home eventually

What a great forum. Been reading it solid for a few days now and thought it was about time I dipped my toe into the introductions board. I've been to the Islands once before 3 years ago with my husband - stayed out on the Waianae side and had a fantastic time, then spent some time on the Big Island too, mainly on the Kona coast.

Coming back this winter with our youngest who is going to be at University in Alberta (long way from UK - I know) for her 2nd year. Since Edmonton is "practically" on the west coast of Canada ( )we had our excuse to get back to Hawaii and can't wait - it was THE best holiday ever.

Look forward to making your acquaintance

Smudge
    You don't need to know all the answers. No-one is smart enough to ask you all the questions

Re: Aloha from Scotland

Aloha and Welcome to HawaiiThreads. Smudge! I'm looking forward in seeing you on the boards too!!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Mahalo Auntie - just really lookin forward to coming back......well to everything except those big ass roaches you have out there - don't s'pose they hibernate for winter

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty tolerant to most things bug-like or creepy crawlie, but I swear I missed the sign at Honolulu International on the way in that says "aloha visitors, oh by the way our cockroaches are BIG AND.....THEY FLY!" As a northern European the only things I ever see which are that size and fly come equipped with one of 2 things; a) Feathers or b) a couple of Rolls Royce jet engines

I was just glad we were on the 3rd floor, cuz when that thing flew at me I'd have seriously considered goin off the lanai if we were on the 2nd. And NEVER, EVER try to get out of a hammock while you're doing that OMGOMGGET ITOFFFFFFMEEEEEEEE dance thing - too undignified for words

Good thing about it all was I discovered I don't have any kind of heart condition - cos if I did, I wouldn't be sittin here now typing gibberish

I jest (mostly) - I will however remember a baseball bat this time around

Smudge
      You don't need to know all the answers. No-one is smart enough to ask you all the questions

Comment

I don't think a baseball bat will be as effective as a good pair of rubber slippers on our "747" roaches. You'll probably end up missing and damaging the floor, or you'll just decapitate it and it will still run away and come back and attack you from behind.. headless. really...they can do that... I seen it with my own eyes!

Welcome to the HT ohana!
        Last edited by Pomai; June 29, 2006, 09:43 AM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No be scared of Cock Roaches. Flying or not.

Just Whack Whack um!

No need Raid. Cheap. No forget to wash your hands afta!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

HI!

Welcome to HawaiiThreads. I'm new myself and having a blast. Today is my off day - I've been online since 10am. It's almost 4! Be hearing from you!!

Comment

Ah you misunderstand me....the good ol' rubber slipper will still be the weapon of choice for the ground troops, I was thinking of the bat more for dealing with the airborne division But yeah, could get messy - bleughhh!

I wasn't scared Auntie....honest I wasn't but I just never expected the damn thing to take off and fly and do that kamikaze thing straight in my face - only time I ever saw a roach fly before it was about a 10th of the size and my Grandpa had just smacked it with an 8 iron

And as for the roach disguised as a mouse, disguised as a bag of Doritos - well I'll save that for another time

Luv Smudge

PS I could swear someone asked about the A380 airbus earlier (didn't have time to reply) but I don't see it now. Or maybe I'm just gettin this cockroach thing all out of proportion

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge
                Ah you misunderstand me....the good ol' rubber slipper will still be the weapon of choice for the ground troops, I was thinking of the bat more for dealing with the airborne division But yeah, could get messy - bleughhh!
                By the time that "B-52" swoops in for the sneak attack, you won't enough time or swing-distance for a bat. A tennis racket might work though!

At that point all you can do for defence is to swoooosh your hands eratically and scream to the top of your lungs in the most sissy-sounding voice.. "ehhwww... ahhhhhh.. ehhhwww.. ahhhhh!" and run for cover.

I could swear someone asked about the A380 airbus earlier (didn't have time to reply) but I don't see it now.
                Twas me, but deleted the question after realizing the Airbus plant that built it was located in Toulouse, France. Although it did make an apperance in May at London Heathrow.

At the moment, it appears British Airways isn't on the A380 customer list.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Too funny!

Pomai, wat you ate foa lunch? I like sum.

Hmmm..wuz ya famous Andagi Hot dogs?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                    ...........swoooosh your hands eratically and scream to the top of your lungs in the most sissy-sounding voice.. "ehhwww... ahhhhhh.. ehhhwww.. ahhhhh!" and run for cover.
                    Yep that sounds about right - you weren't there were you?

Originally posted by Pomai
                    Twas me, but deleted the question after realizing the Airbus plant that built it was located in Toulouse..................
                    Phew I didn't imagine it then - some of us ladies get to a certain age and begin to wonder.........

Luv Smudge

Comment

Working...
                    X