Mokulele Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mokulele Airlines

While waiting for a movie to start last night at Ward Theater, they displayed a slide ad for a company called Mokulele Airlines. This is the first I have heard about them.

Re: Mokulele Airlines

I use them to get from Hawaii to Maui. Small planes, 10 minute checkin, no disrobing in front of strangers. It's like old school Hawaii.

The size of the plane will scare you a little. I always bring my fins, just in case.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I flew Air Molokai a few times and boy sometimes I thought we were flying so low I could touch the whitecaps!

Small planes are convenient but if I'm gonna be that close to the water, I'd rather be on a boat!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Here is a link to Mokulele Airlines website:

http://www.mokuleleairlines.com/

They've been in business for several years now. I think a larger firm recently bought them out.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

*laugh* We used to fight in high school to get to sit next to the pilot on Air Molokai. I have never won...

Comment

Originally posted by helen
            While waiting for a movie to start last night at Ward Theater, they displayed a slide ad for a company called Mokulele Airlines. This is the first I have heard about them.
            Mokulele was founded by a Hawaiian gal named Kawehi and while she sold the company, she still holds a management position. the new CEO Bill Boyer has been sucking up to JO, helping go! secure counter space and possibly either code sharing or merging with go! here shortly.

This letter to the editor...
            http://starbulletin.com/2006/06/26/e...l/letters.html

...and a quote in todays Star (check the 4th paragraph from the bottom)
            http://starbulletin.com/2006/06/30/b...s/story01.html

lead several to believe Mokulele's Bill Boyer and Mesa's JO are sharing the same bed.

Too bad for Mokulele they will cease to exist after mesa no longer has any use for them. Like a cheap used whore Mokulele will be tossed on the side of the road once Mesa is done with them.
            GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Ahhh...I was wondering who Mesa was referring to when it said it might enter into a code sharing agreement with another Hawai'i carrier...now it all kinda makes sense. But where would go! use those much smaller "commuter" planes? Is this how they plan to compete against Island Air, which generally flies to the smaller airports? Or maybe Pacific Wings (to get back at that company for trying to keep them from using the commuter terminals)?

Miulang

P.S. I think Mesa will end up in China too.
              Last edited by Miulang; June 30, 2006, 10:17 AM.
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                Ahhh...I was wondering who Mesa was referring to when it said it might enter into a code sharing agreement with another Hawai'i carrier...now it all kinda makes sense. But where would go! use those much smaller "commuter" planes? Is this how they plan to compete against Island Air,
                mesa doesnt compete, they prey.
                GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Working...
                X