No announcement yet.

Soldiers murdered for rape retaliation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldiers murdered for rape retaliation?

Those two young soldiers, who were recently grabbed and killed, may have been murdered for retaliation. It seems that five soldiers, in their unit, had raped a young Iraqi woman, and then killed her and her family. This came to light, because, after the death of the two soldiers, one of the rapists felt guilty for being responsible for the death of his comrades, and fessed up.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Re: Soldiers murdered for rape retaliation?

One former soldier (honorably discharged for a "personality disorder") has been arrested for raping a 15-year old girl in this incident. Apparently the rape and murder were planned in advance which means this guy (and at least one other guy who allegedly also raped her) are in really really serious trouble (like if he is convicted, he could get the death sentence). Apparently both were drunk at the time. Was that "personality disorder" PTSD? Only time will tell.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; July 3, 2006, 12:20 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      One former soldier (honorably discharged for a "personality disorder") has been arrested for raping a 15-year old girl in this incident. Apparently the rape and murder were planned in advance which means this guy (and at least one other guy who allegedly also raped her) are in really really serious trouble (like if he is convicted, he could get the death sentence). Apparently both were drunk at the time. Was that "personality disorder" PTSD? Only time will tell.

Miulang
      If you read the article again you will see that the age was in dispute. Th Iraqi mayor said she was 15. The FBI said she was 25 and if you go to CNN.com the same article appears listing her age as 20. It seems CNN averaged out the age. If they are found guilty they should burn. Alcohol is contraband for US troops in Iraq. They are not allowed to have it out of respect for the local culture.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
        If you read the article again you will see that the age was in dispute. Th Iraqi mayor said she was 15. The FBI said she was 25 and if you go to CNN.com the same article appears listing her age as 20. It seems CNN averaged out the age. If they are found guilty they should burn. Alcohol is contraband for US troops in Iraq. They are not allowed to have it out of respect for the local culture.
        Doesn't matter WHAT age that girl/woman was. Rape is rape, just as the killing of people and then trying to cover up the crime is illegal. If the soldiers weren't drinking, why is the Army reporting that witnesses to the crime said that they were? Why didn't someone at the time report that these men left their posts, changed out of uniform and when they came back, they burned the bloodied clothes they had on when they went on their "mission"? Did the Army force the witnesses to report something that wasn't true? Wouldn't that be counterproductive to their cause? Would the Army really arrest people if there wasn't enough evidence to prove the crime was committed? If these young kids are found guilty, I think their chain of command should also be found guilty for not providing the kind of guidance and ethics training that would have prevented this catastrophe. If the troops are forbidden to drink alcohol out of respect for Islam, where did these soldiers get that alcohol from? The local citizens? Aren't the troops being told that rape of a woman is one of the most heinous crimes that can be perpetrated according to Islam? To think, the crime would probably have never come to light because the people in the village would never have turned the soldiers in because of the rape of that woman (if the 4 people had just been murdered, the villagers would have reported it to the authorities...it was the rape that made the difference). Only the guilty consciences of some very scared soldiers was able to do that.

I know that in Vietnam, troops that were supposedly on guard duty (on alert for sapper invasion of their camp) would smoke weed while sitting there, supposedly alert (my ex-boyfriend was one of them).

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; July 3, 2006, 05:18 PM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
          Doesn't matter WHAT age that girl/woman was. Rape is rape, just as the killing of people and then trying to cover up the crime is illegal. If the soldiers weren't drinking, why is the Army reporting that witnesses to the crime said that they were? Why didn't someone at the time report that these men left their posts, changed out of uniform and when they came back, they burned the bloodied clothes they had on when they went on their "mission"? Did the Army force the witnesses to report something that wasn't true? Wouldn't that be counterproductive to their cause? Would the Army really arrest people if there wasn't enough evidence to prove the crime was committed? If these young kids are found guilty, I think their chain of command should also be found guilty for not providing the kind of guidance and ethics training that would have prevented this catastrophe. If the troops are forbidden to drink alcohol out of respect for Islam, where did these soldiers get that alcohol from? The local citizens? Aren't the troops being told that rape of a woman is one of the most heinous crimes that can be perpetrated according to Islam? To think, the crime would probably have never come to light because the people in the village would never have turned the soldiers in because of the rape of that woman (if the 4 people had just been murdered, the villagers would have reported it to the authorities...it was the rape that made the difference). Only the guilty consciences of some very scared soldiers was able to do that.

I know that in Vietnam, troops that were supposedly on guard duty (on alert for sapper invasion of their camp) would smoke weed while sitting there, supposedly alert (my ex-boyfriend was one of them).

Miulang
          Wow.... Calm down... I never said they weren't drinking, only that alcohol was illegal in case you didn't know, which only adds to their legal troubles. With my comments about the age of the woman I am pointing out how much faith I have in the media.

You are right, rape and murder are horrible who is doubting that?....

It seems to me that you are looking more for arguments than civilized discussion.... Hence your knee jerk reactions to my comments.

Good luck with that..............

Comment

Originally posted by chriscollado
            Wow.... Calm down... I never said they weren't drinking, only that alcohol was illegal in case you didn't know, which only adds to their legal troubles. With my comments about the age of the woman I am pointing out how much faith I have in the media.
            Good luck with that..............
            So tell me this, Chris, do you think our government is putting out truthful information? Good luck with THAT.

What's kinda ironic is when I was in high school, I was on the debate team. We had to debate both sides of the argument that US foreign aid should be limited to nonmilitary assistance. My partner and I, when we argued the "con" side (meaning that assistance should also include military assistance), we would pull out the "if you can't believe the government, who CAN you believe" card and would win. Silly me. How naive I was back then, all rahrah our government can do no wrong. Unfortunately, it appears that my government (and both the Democratic and Republican parties) have failed me over the years. I can no longer blindly accept what the government tells me and need to do some digging around (using foreign sources, which tend, especially with this Administration, to be more objective than the national media is) before I come to any conclusions.

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; July 4, 2006, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X