Happy Birthday, Honolulu!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Honolulu!

Tomorrow (Sunday), the city of Honolulu and the Honolulu Advertiser will be having a Centennial celebration for Honolulu and the 150th anniversary of the Advertiser at Honolulu Hale. Sounds like it's going to be a really fun time with a huge birthday cake and lots of big name entertainment (Roland Cazimero, Amy Hanai'ali'i Gilliom, Brother Noland and Sean Na'auao and others), food booths and the showing of the film "Honolulu:100 Years in the Making".

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Happy Birthday, Honolulu!

Originally posted by Miulang
    showing of the film "Honolulu:100 Years in the Making".
    That was a great program. It aired twice on KGMB. I especially liked the interview with Bob Sevey.

There's a discussion on it here.

I'm wondering if they ever replied to Tutusue's email about a DVD release. That would be a great gift to expats such as you, Miulang. Regardless of which island you were raised, the people and places of Honolulu's history documented in this should be familiar and VERY interesting.
    Last edited by Pomai; July 1, 2006, 11:26 AM. Reason: Link URL
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
    X