X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Lay Croaks

He got off easy.

Re: Ken Lay Croaks

Karma for sure, but small consolation for the thousands of people who lost their pensions and jobs or investments because of his and his executives' greed. You would think that the son of a Baptist preacher man and someone who throughout his life was very religious wouldn't let his greed get the better of him, but sadly it did.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Death is too good for him. Like Lalalinder said, he got off easy. I may be going to hell for saying this, but I wish he'd had to go to prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        [...]You would think that the son of a Baptist preacher man and someone who throughout his life was very religious wouldn't let his greed get the better of him, but sadly it did.
        Methinks he got his deities mixed up. Money isn't a deity and he learned that the hard way.

I wonder if he did, in fact, die of a heart attack (understandable based on the stress he was under) or whether that's a coverup at this point. Dunno...just thinking out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          I wonder if he did, in fact, die of a heart attack (understandable based on the stress he was under) or whether that's a coverup at this point. Dunno...just thinking out loud!
          Well, now that you've raised that spectre, Sue, no doubt "The Smoking Gun" will eventually get its hands on his death certificate.

Miulang
          Last edited by Miulang; July 5, 2006, 09:55 AM.
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
            Death is too good for him. Like Lalalinder said, he got off easy.
            Seriously. Live the high life, toss around cash to get your name plastered on things, then ride a huge company into the ground, ruin thousands of lives, mouth off in court, then suffer only the mild indignity of a sentencing hearing.

To top it all off, you hang out at your vacation home, then pass away, completely insulated from the havoc you've wreaked.

I was surprised to hear of his death, but immediately disappointed as well.

Comment

but small consolation for the thousands of people who lost their pensions and jobs or investments

The stock market is NOT, I repeat NOT, an investment. It is much closer to being like Las Vegas.

Wall Street has done a tremendous job at marketing their schnookery as investing. Funny how many laypeople continue to believe in stocks as investments.

As for the pensions of the actual Enron employees, that is a shame.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Re: Karma... Good and Bad

To me... ken lay's death is karma.

nuff said

Comment

Re: Karma... Good and Bad

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  nuff said
                  not quite.
                  everyone dies. so as everyone gets what Lay got, what da hell did we all do to earn it?
                  death is not any punishment.

Comment

Well straight to hell, I had a inkling of thought that it may be suicide.

Comment

Kenny-boy pulled one last scam. Because he died, secured creditors (banks and thrifts) get first crack at his estate. CNN reports that his secured debts are roughly equal to his assets so unsecured creditors and litigants like the folks screwed by Enron will get nothing. The Houston Chronicle report that he had a $12 MILLION life insurance policy that benefits his wife and children, but the life insurance payouts will not go through his estate so they cannot be attached in any legal claims, the payouts will go directly to his wife and children who are not named in any litigation. By croaking, Kenny-boy screws the Enron victims once again, while he takes care of his family! It never stops.

Comment

I also read something about how Lay did not get to exhaust all his appeal rights and the law in that jurisdiction holds that if one dies before the appeals have been run, the conviction itself is erased because that person would never get the chance to possibly prevail upon appeal. Therefore, the victims in the Enron case would probably not get to recover based upon Lay's convinction because his conviction will probably be expunged since he died before he exhausted his appeals. There is a possibility that the victims could sue Lay's estate in civil court, but if his assets are mainly in insurance and retirement funds and his spouse is his beneficiary, the insurance and retirement fund laws provide strong creditor protection based upon the public policy of not wanting to leave a surviving spouse impoverished.

Comment

A curiosity question...
                          If Lay did, in fact, commit suicide would there still be an insurance payout to his heirs? Or, does suicide make a policy null and void?

Comment

If the case is dropped... ken lay goes down as an Innocent Man in the Legal terms... sad but true.

America has always said Innocent until proven guilty and his case is still now in doubt. (well legally speaking)

I found this interesting blog...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...k_b_24562.html

His last quote is...

"Which of course raises the question: did President Bush have Ken Lay murdered using some poison that mimics a heart attack? Inquiring minds want to know."

I don't think Bush had anything to do with it... but I do think something is fishy!

Comment

Preliminary autopsy said he died from heart disease. Final autopsy results (and a death certificate) will probably not be issued for another 3 weeks or so, pending toxicology results (and then I'm sure "The Smoking Gun" will get hold of a copy and publish it).

However, he may still not be able to get off scot free...civil suits could still be filed.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X