Virtual Moving Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Moving Sale!

My family and I are moving, and a lot of our stuff can't come with us. But, since we live in an apartment, it's not like we have a nice yard in which to set up a sale. That and it's taking us a while to "break down" after six years of habitation.

So! As things come up that need to go, I'll post them here! All items are as-is, of course, and you'll have to pick them up (we live in Makiki, far mauka of Ala Moana Center), but I'm telling you, you can't beat the price!

To start things off, two pieces of furniture. Both are in "fair to good" condition: they hold up stuff, they look decent, but they won't win any beauty contests. I have a bookshelf and an end table.

The bookshelf is your garden variety bookshelf, not much to say about it. The end table was once part of a very expensive set, the pieces of which have since been lost to the wind and the condition of which hasn't been well preserved. One of the base pieces has come off, but we have the piece (it can be put back on, I wager) and it doesn't affect the structural strength much. If you're handy with wood, you could probably turn this one back into a keeper.

The price for either? Free! We just want our space back! To claim, just PM me or drop me an e-mail.

Mahalo!

Re: Virtual Moving Sale!

Just cleaned out, cleaned up, and available for a lucky someone, a four-drawer bedroom dresser! Missing a couple of handles, sure, but you can replace those at City Mill for 32 cents each! Same price as the pieces above...

Comment

Sorry I don't need any of your items...you take nice pictures...I've told you that already. Good luck.
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

Thanks, Mocha! Fortunately, it's pretty hard to mess up photos of furniture! An update: The only item left is the bookshelf. See images in the first post above!

I anticipate having other items to post here soon, but they won't be quite as large. Stay tuned!

Comment

Bookshelf still needs a home! Also, now, a small microwave stand with cabinets and caster wheels:

Also, and this is a long shot... anyone want a box of empty CD cases? These are the classic cases that retail music CDs came in.

I suppose everyone who's converted to slip/binder storage has a box like this... it just seems sad to just toss it. That said, I'll toss it if there are no takers.

Photos were taken with a low-res camera phone, so pardon the graininess!

Comment

Why in heck are the bigger photos of the CD cases posted on a password protected website. No can see da big picture!
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Ai! Weird. It wasn't password protected before! Should be free now.

Comment

Bookshelf and microwave stand gone!

I now have an entertainment center (minus the electronics, of course) and a queen-sized bed to worry about. Both in too good condition to be free, but also both too big for me to move by myself. I'll probably offer a discount if the buyer is willing to help get 'em out of the apartment!

Pictures coming soon...

Comment

I now have a four-drawer standing metal file cabinet available! In good condition, with adjustable drawers and working latches -- but note that it's not a locking cabinet.

Price? Free. Location? Mililani. PM me if interested!

Comment

File cabinet gone!

Comment

What ever happened to the entertainment center...?
                      Just curious...

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      Bookshelf and microwave stand gone!

I now have an entertainment center (minus the electronics, of course) and a queen-sized bed to worry about. Both in too good condition to be free, but also both too big for me to move by myself. I'll probably offer a discount if the buyer is willing to help get 'em out of the apartment!

Pictures coming soon...

Comment

Ah! Good catch, AbsolutChaos. We ended up keeping it (since we had to move it anyway). You've reminded me, though, we have a few other things to unload, including a mostly-functioning Sony Vaio laptop and a practically new standing freezer. Stay tuned!

Comment

Okay, here's the scoop on the freezer. It's a 5-cubic-foot upright freezer, a perfect second freezer when the one in your kitchen is just a bit too small but you don't want to jump to a meat locker! We used this in our small apartment quite easily -- it doubled as a microwave stand! I'm hoping to get $150 for it. Pick up in Mililani.

Again, it was bought new in April for $279, and unplugged at the end of June when we moved. The below is a review from Consumer Guide:
                          The Sears Kenmore 24501 is a 5.0-cubic-foot upright freezer that may be just what your family needs if you’re looking for just a little bit more freezer space, or if you’re looking to put a small freezer in a recreation room to keep ice or other frozen goods handy. The 24501 is counter height and can be used in conjunction with a counter-height compact refrigerator. This model uses just 321 kWh of energy each year, and will cost you only about $27 annually to operate. This is a manual defrost model, so you’ll need to put it near a drain to handle the frost runoff, but it also will keep your frozen foods protected against freezer burn. The 24501 has two wire shelves and a removable pan in the bottom; the door has three shelves capable of holding frozen juice concentrate or vegetable boxes. There is adjustable cold control to keep the temperature just where you need it. The 24501 comes in white only.

Comment

I live in Oklahoma, i cant have anything!
                            If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
                            X