Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LCL vs full container shipping (Hawaii to mainland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCL vs full container shipping (Hawaii to mainland)

I have lurked on this forum for awhile, first post though. . .

I have done as much research as I can and talked to different moving companies - also did a forum search but didn't see anything about this. I would like to know from you who have moved FROM Hawaii to California about your own experiences with moving your household goods. Did you make your own container arrangements through Matson (and pack your own) or use a moving company for either help with packing or to do the complete move? Also, did you use less than container load shipment or did you pack a full container? I've been told it takes five days on the water but three to five weeks for an LCL shipment door to door - was there a long delay in retrieving goods on the other end once the container was off the ship? Is there anything you know from experience that I should watch out for or questions I should ask before making arrangements for shipping. Thanks.

Re: LCL vs full container shipping (Hawaii to mainland)

if ya change yer name to
    "Stairway to Heaven" we may respond.

Comment

Please Kimo ? (I WILL change my name if you would like me to - it's not named after the song though, it is something else . . .)

Comment

it's good to be king.

Comment

Seeing Jimmy Page playing Stairway on his double-necked guitar at the Garden twice in 1 week was the highlight of my high school years followed closely by Ian Anderson doing Locomotive Breath on his flute.Seeing Skynrd doing Free Bird would have been up there.

http://www.upack.com/moving-services...ce&nlnk=hvmenu

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/index.php

ABF Service Center: HONOLULU, HI (HNL/240)
          Station Address:
          Address: 2282 HOONEE PLACE
          HONOLULU, HI 96819, HI 96819

Used them from NYC-Honolulu and they have a great rep and one can lock the mini-container with one's own disc lock.

Comment

Thanks, ahola, for actually trying to answer the question.

Comment

Working...
            X