Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help find birth mother

Hello,
    I am new to this site. I need help finding the mother of my wife who was adopted. My wife has developed the desire to meet her birth mom and find out about her ancestry. This is what we know about her birth mom:

she was attending St. Louis University in Missouri when she got pregnant and gave my wife over to adoption.
    she was a member of the swim team at St. Louis University.
    she was from Hawaii.
    she was somehow related to Liliuokalani.
    she gave birth to my wife on 3-18-61.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but it would be a remarkable story if we can find this woman and intoduce her to her daughter.
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Please help find birth mother

If your wife was born in Missouri, then you would need to deal with the state of Missouri for access to the adoption records. Here's the relevant law: http://www.moga.state.mo.us/statutes...4530000121.HTM

Good luck.

Comment

Aloha Terry. First of all, I hope you find your answers. Unfortunately, we are not an agency.

Locating Birthmothers who have given up a child for a reason is a trust between them and the agency they delt with at the time. There are many stories in which adoptees and birth birthmothers have been reunited. There are also stories of ones that were met with anger of being contacted.

I pray and hope your wife's will not be the case.

Good Luck.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This probably won't help you much terry...

However, I found my two long lost-half brothers by using "Myspace"

I hadn't seen or heard from them in nearly 30 years.... luckily one of them has a fairly uncommon first name... so I was able to sort through all of the people that had the same name... find the one that looked like me... and then we made contact.... Now we talk and write on a daily basis.

They didn't even know I was lookinng for them all this time!

Given that you have the information on the Swim team at the University of St. Louis... I would go back and check with there "Records" books and see if they have any swimmers on their teams that looks like they may have a Hawaiian first or last name... Just a shot in the dark though....

I know Univ. of Hawaii Athletic records only go back so far...

Comment

Hi Glenn,
          We have started the process through the State of Missouri, but I thought it could'nt hurt to put a note in a bottle. Thanks for your comment.

Aloha Aunie Lynn,
          It is true that we cannot be sure of the response of the mother, but we feel that a bad reaction would be better than wondering. It is possible that the mother has not taken action because she fears what the daughter's reaction would be. If I could find her, I would find a discreet way to aproach her in case she wants to keep that part of her life concealed.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry
            Aloha Aunie Lynn,
            It is true that we cannot be sure of the response of the mother, but we feel that a bad reaction would be better than wondering. It is possible that the mother has not taken action because she fears what the daughter's reaction would be. If I could find her, I would find a discreet way to aproach her in case she wants to keep that part of her life concealed.
            Thanks for posting.
            I would say HT is far from discreet

Comment

Aloha manoasurfer123,

We have posted my wife's info on Myspace. But we don't know the name of her birth mother. It was a good idea though...thanks.

What is HT?

Comment

What is HT?
                HawaiiThreads.com

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I'll let you figure out what HT is on your own...

Ahh aunty... you blew it

shes kidding... it means Hot Tamales

Comment

I thought I would also mention that my wife was adopted by a woman that immigrated from China to the States when she was 12. Her father was the Chinese ambassador to France when the communist took over. He was able to send his daughter to the States before the killing began.

I like hot tamales...I think I will use that in the future....HT for everyone.

PS We live in West Texas

Comment

Sounds like you have sufficient amount of information on her to find her...

however, if your trying to be discreet about finding her... HT is not a discreet way to go about it.

Comment

manoasurfer123,
                        It seems that there are three possible scenerios with regards to whether the mother would want discretion or not:
                        1. She never told anyone. In this case I would be surprised that anyone reading HT would know and therefore the secret remains.
                        2. She told a select few people who would know her well. If one of these people see the message on HT or hear about it then, they could contact her or me.
                        3. She has not kept the birth as a secret and therefore discretion is not necessary.

In any event, this is new ground for me. I am just winging it the best I can.
                        Last edited by Terry; July 6, 2006, 05:10 PM.

Comment

I thought I would also mention that my wife was adopted by a woman that immigrated from China to the States when she was 12. Her father was the Chinese ambassador to France when the communist took over. He was able to send his daughter to the States before the killing began.
                          Great story so far...please entertain us with more information.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

manoasurfer123,
                            It seems that there are three possible scenerios with regards to whether the mother would want discretion or not:
                            1. She never told anyone. In this case I would be surprised that anyone reading HT would know and therefore the secret remains.
                            2. She told a select few people who would know her well. If one of these people see the message on HT or hear about it then, they could contact her or me.
                            3. She has not kept the birth as a secret and therefore discretion is not necessary.

In any event, this is new ground for me. I am just winging it the best I can.
                            Can you please re-read 1 and 3 and tell me somethings not wrong?

I never started drinking yet!

Comment

Auntie Lynn,
                              It is an interesting story but I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not.

manoasurfer123,
                              Help me out with your point. It is late here and I have had a long day.
                              Thanks,
                              Terry (hot tamale lover)

Comment

Working...
                              X