Ashley Lelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Lelie

Well a guys gotta do what he's gotta do... this isn't like the Watada hold out.

He's not in the military...

If I were him... I would hold out too... Do what you have to do to get the money your worth!

He lead the NFL in yards per catch for the last 2 years and they still no like give him decent kala!

GO TO THE SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have to buy a Lelie jersey if he ever went there!

Re: ashley lelie

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
    [...]He lead the NFL in yards per catch for the last 2 years and they still no like give him decent kala![...]
    Decent kala as compared to...whom? Or is it...who?
    Anyway, they ALL make way, way more than decent kala.
    <g, d, r while donning my asbestos suit!>

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
      Decent kala as compared to...whom? Or is it...who?
      Anyway, they ALL make way, way more than decent kala.
      <g, d, r while donning my asbestos suit!>
      true true...

My feeling is that if you work hard enough in any given career that is well funded...than you should get paid for what you are worth.

however... I know some of the wages people are making in the NFL personally.

He is in what is considered a skill position. I know of an offensive linemen making more than him !!! And he has been injured on/off for the last few years despite having 3 superbowl rings....(and I'm talking about two EX UH Players... Adrian Klemm and Ashley Lelie)
      Last edited by damontucker; July 6, 2006, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm from the Joe Namath days so that tells you a little sumthin'!

Comment

Ashley Lelie is underpaid, underappreciated, and very talented.

I'm so happy football season is just around the corner. Keep your eye on UCLA this year. Got a Kau boy playing DE and an Oahu boy playing OT.

GO RAIDERS !
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
            Not to mention under-utilized. As their 2 receiver they used him mostly for fly routes and as a decoy to spread the defense. Nothing wrong with that but when they acquired Javon Walker and signed him for $40 million in Ash's last year of his contract...I think it kinda pissed him off.

Rod Smith their #1 wr is getting up there in age. Ashley was supposedly the heir apparent but the Broncos didn't sign Javon for that much to sit on the bench behind Ash. So yeah that's the underappreciated part.

I don't think it's about the money as much as it is about not even being given the chance to prove that he's a 1 receiver... because I think he said that he's willing to sit out the rest of the season (his money year...$600K+) unless he gets traded to someone where he has a chance to be more than a decoy.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona

I'm so happy football season is just around the corner. Keep your eye on UCLA this year. Got a Kau boy playing DE and an Oahu boy playing OT.

GO RAIDERS !
              Did me and TimKona finally agree on something? Oops...nope... just notice the go RAIDERS....

I'm a "RAIDERBUSTER" from the old Hawk days... was good for a few though
              Last edited by damontucker; July 6, 2006, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I'm going to play devil's advocate here ("No, really?" they all gasped, stunned), and suggest that a player is worth as much as someone is willing to pay him, and no more, just like the rest of us.

And TutuSue? Joe Namath? YUM. I bought a DVD recently with three biker movies on it because CC& Company was one of them. A classic! With Ann-Margret (yum again).

Comment

Re: Ashley Lelie

I guess this is yet another exhibit in the "why I don't get sports" gallery. I know nothing of the history of Lelie's dealings with his team, or the realistic prospects he has to get a better deal, so as a completely ignorant observer I simply see someone being petulant and ungrateful.

He has a job. A job on an NFL team, a job that many a misty-eyed young athlete would do just about anything for. When he signed on, he was their first choice. So he's not the hot new thing anymore. I'd say, "Welcome to the real world," but hell, playing for the NFL is nothing like the real world anyway.

If he was still the sizzlin' property he thinks he is, he'd have been picked up long before things got to this point. Sounds like his pride is getting in the way of a decent gig... and I can't help but think that he had it about as good as its going to get. Things with Denver sure ain't gonna be any better after this stunt, and if he does get a new team, there are going to be lots of people just waiting for him to fail. If he doesn't get a new team, I doubt Denver's going to fight too hard to keep him.

Still, I guess I wish him, as I do any local kid, the best of luck. Hope we won't see him shilling used cars for Cutter or selling shoes at Sports Authority anytime soon.

Comment

Just merely saying the name Ashley Lelie brings back great and instantaneous memories of me, watching him in person at Aloha Stadium, burn BYU for 2 TDs and 260+ yards on December 8, 2001. That game is my favorite of all the 'Bow football games I've attended. I still have the ticket stub to that game!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                      Just merely saying the name Ashley Lelie brings back great and instantaneous memories of me, watching him in person at Aloha Stadium, burn BYU for 2 TDs and 260+ yards on December 8, 2001. That game is my favorite of all the 'Bow football games I've attended. I still have the ticket stub to that game!
                      I think my voice is still soar from yelling "OVER.... RATED!"

at that game... that truly was the best game ever...
                      and the damn parking... I swear people were parked on the sides of the Highway!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        I think my voice is still soar from yelling "OVER.... RATED!"

at that game... that truly was the best game ever...
                        and the damn parking... I swear people were parked on the sides of the Highway!
                        I was sitting behing a large group of BYU fans, orange section, makai side...you should have seen the shock on their faces when Stutsman punted his TD reception in the 3Q into the Pearl Harbor side upper deck..it was classic! Yeah, I remember the "overrated" chants as well. There was also a guy in the upper deck yelling down at the BYU fans over and over, in the 4thQ, "Louisville! Louisville!" when it became evident that the Cougars would be playing Louisville in some minor bowl rather than the BCS bowl they thought they were going to go to after they were "suppose to" beat UH. That game, all told, is my all told favorite event, of all time, in all UH games..what a game!

Oh yeah....the parking..good Lord...cars WERE parked everywhere!

Comment

I was sitting behing a large group of BYU fans, orange section, makai side...you should have seen the shock on their faces when Stutsman punted his TD reception in the 3Q into the Pearl Harbor side upper deck..it was classic! Yeah, I remember the "overrated" chants as well. There was also a guy in the upper deck yelling down at the BYU fans over and over, in the 4thQ, "Louisville! Louisville!" when it became evident that the Cougars would be playing Louisville in some minor bowl rather than the BCS bowl they thought they were going to go to after they were "suppose to" beat UH. That game, all told, is my all told favorite event, of all time, in all UH games..what a game!

Oh yeah....the parking..good Lord...cars WERE parked everywhere!
                          Unfortunately I was at the USC game in the Coliseum the following year...

First quarter UH fans thought we had a chance.... so the UH Fans once again started shouting OVER ... RATED to the USC FANS at USC....

The Trojans sure shut us up real fast in the 2nd quarter and then trounced us for the rest of the game!

Comment

I watched the '02 USC game from LA on the tube...what I remember about that game was about ten minutes of the 2Q was lost due to a satillite transmission problem. I didn't miss too much...UH did get spanked. But if I recall, UH did run up 33 points on USC, which was the most points the Trojans gave up that season. Hey, anyway..in "02, UH DID beat Fresno in Fresno on national TV...Pat Hill was not a happy camper!

Comment

I watched the '02 USC game from LA on the tube...what I remember about that game was about ten minutes of the 2Q was lost due to a satillite transmission problem. I didn't miss too much...UH did get spanked. But if I recall, UH did run up 33 points on USC, which was the most points the Trojans gave up that season. Hey, anyway..in "02, UH DID beat Fresno in Fresno on national TV...Pat Hill was not a happy camper!
                              the majority of those 33 points was after USC put in there 2nd and 3rd string

Comment

Working...
                              X