The death of a Tongan Prince and his wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The death of a Tongan Prince and his wife

While on a visit to the US to speak with their constituents about reforms in Tongan law this week, Tonga's "People's Prince" Prince Tu'ipelehake (56) and Princess Kaimana (46) were killed in a car accident on a California highway Wednesday.

The Prince and Princess and their chauffeur were killed by a young woman who was road racing near Menlo Park.

"...The death of Prince Tu'ipelehake is a setback for the NCPR often referred to as the "Tu'ipelehake committee", the formation of which was approved by parliament on October 24, 2005. The NCPR began its Talanoa meetings with the people on January 30, and after covering the Tonga islands by May, went on to have Talanoa meetings in New Zealand and Australia in June....

"...The NCPR was expected to present their final report to the king in August and then to be presented to parliament before September 30.

The Prince's work to reform Tonga's political system was respected by other countries in the region, who supported the committee's work with foreign aid. ..."

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: The death of a Tongan Prince and his wife

I'm shocked and saddened by this needless loss.... Niau kololani ka helena, hūnā na maka i ke aouli.

Jonah K
    Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

Re: The death of a Tongan Prince and his wife

This is very sad indeed.
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
      X