Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates !!

Aarrrggghhhh Mateys

t'nite be the premiere of the grandest tale ever spun. Me and some of the crew are headed down to Keauhou, in our work clothes mind ye, to drink rum till we are 3 sheets to the wind, and watch the festivities. My 5 yr old daughter, precious as she is, has been sharpening her sword all morning. She'll be the bane of British Navy when she commands her own ship."

Cutthroats and Cutlasses !! To the rail !! Marines to tops!! Prepare to board !! Round up to the wind !! Drop the Main !! Loose the Port Braces ! Grapplers STAND BY !! Furl the Fores !! 2 Minutes !!

LOAD CANNONS WITH GRAPE & CHAIN !! AIM HIGH FOR THE RIGGING !!

"All right MEN, this is it,
    the grandest prize in the Caribbean,
    DEAD MANS CHEST,

AND WE DONT WANT TO SINK HER!

Carronades FIRE !! Hove to the Mizzen!! Cannons Fire !!!!
    FORERAIL - FIRE !!

ALL HANDS ON DECK FOR BOARDING.

Quarter Rail - FIRE !!!

TOSS THE HOOKS and tighten lines !!! loose all runners !!

TOP MARINES - FIRE AT WILL

ATTACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Pirates !!

I take it you liked the movie?

Comment

no. he's the local promoter of "Unofficial Talk Like A Pirate Day"

Comment

But that's in September.

Seriously, if this thread is about "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest," I'd like to know what folks who've seen it thought. (The Tomatometer shows mixed reviews.) I enjoyed the first one, but am skeptical about the sequel. Though it'll probably be worth seeing just to see Depp ham it up again.

Comment

I'm just a big fan.

Plus, I really like sailing and rum and movies about pirates and sailing and rum.

Who cares about the critique of the movie? This one is all about fun.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            But that's in September.

Seriously, if this thread is about "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest," I'd like to know what folks who've seen it thought. (The Tomatometer shows mixed reviews.) I enjoyed the first one, but am skeptical about the sequel. Though it'll probably be worth seeing just to see Depp ham it up again.
            Saw the 1201 AM showing with my oldest. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I was not so tired. The perils of getting older.

Lots more action, almost too much as the pace was very fast. Would have liked a little more ebb and flow. The story line gets more involved and complex as well as the characters. Depp is Depp. A treat to watch. I remember when he was a punk *ss on 21 Jump Street.

Special effects and the fight scenes are always top shelf. Good segue at the end into #3.

I will see it again at the theatres. Just like Tim said, it is a fun movie.
            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

There are times when reviews are pointless. If you liked the first one, I'd imagine you'll like the sequel; you've been preconditioned to do so.

It took me about five James Bond movies before I stopped going to them; I knew what I was gonna get after #4 (Thunderball, maybe?) as they descended further into camp, and I decided I didn't like that enough to keep paying theater prices for them. But I saw Dr. No and couldn't wait for From Russia With Love, and after that I couldn't wait for Goldfinger.

Depp says in Time or Newsweek that they're filming the third one now (he's keeping the gold caps; sez they're too much trouble to remove and put back).
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Just got back from a matinee at Dole.

Very well done, and a lot of fun to watch. I thought it was much better than the first (which I just saw for the first time last night).

Comment

I'll probably watch it when the lines die down.

But I wanted to share my thoughts on the newly reopened Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

We made the mistake of visiting the park two Monday ago, the first day the PotC ride reopened. See, it's been closed for months for renovations and to reflect the first movie and the sequel.

If the wait in line is more than 30-45 minutes, don't bother.

This is just the first 1/4 of the line, if I recall correctly

The middle chunk as it wrapped around, and in the faint distance I think you can make out the end of the line.

I believe a 5 year old in line sang it best:

"Yo ho ho...I really hate this ride!
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Geez, those lines are humongous! Was it a holiday, or what?

Also, from this link comes the following:
                    Preliminary estimates released by Disney show that "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" earned $55.5 million on Friday, which would set the record for the largest one-day take at the box office.
                    Last edited by LikaNui; July 8, 2006, 08:16 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                      [whisper]
                      Psssst... neither of those photos is anywhere near Pirates Of The Caribbean, unless they moved the entire ride and the entire structure a helliva long way across the park.
                      [/whisper]
                      Oh believe me I know. As you can see, the line clearly went into Critter Country.

The ride stayed put, but the lines were THAT long. Traffic monitors were posted throughout Adventureland. Average wait time was about 2 1/2 hours that day. They even closed thru traffic into New Orleans Square via Frontierland as well.

I wouldn't have taken those pictures if the lines weren't for Pirates!

We decided to do Disneyland on Monday, June 26th because it was a Monday and that was the only day we could go on our vacation. Little did we know that it was the first day Pirates was open again. Add that to the summer family vacation factor, and you can imagine it was hell getting around anywhere that day.
                      Last edited by Lei Liko; July 8, 2006, 08:21 PM. Reason: Added more info.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                        Also, from this link comes the following:
                        Preliminary estimates released by Disney show that "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" earned $55.5 million on Friday, which would set the record for the largest one-day take at the box office.
                        Update:
                        "Johnny Depp's boozy, woozy buccaneer Jack Sparrow has plundered the box office, with "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" taking in a record $132 million in its first three days, according to studio estimates Sunday.
                        "Disney's swashbuckling sequel sailed past the previous all-time best debut, 2002's "Spider-Man," which took in $114.8 million in its first weekend
                        ."
                        More info at this link.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Off to Mililani yesterday to catch the early show. This one was good but could have been better with tighter editing (some action sequences just went on and on and on...) which would have resulted in a shorter movie. About 20 minutes less would have been perfect. Lots of creepy characters. Kiera Knightley's character seems a bid schizoid. The ending was strong and I can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            I really like sailing and rum and movies about pirates and sailing and rum.
                            Me too! Though haven't had the chance to see the latest movie yet.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Saw the 3rd. Better than the other 2. Not many sequels are better than the original. This is certainly the exception.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X