Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what eight hours of driving will do to you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what eight hours of driving will do to you....

So, I am driving along and in hour one a song by the Raconteurs came on and DJ used the term "band made up of other bands". Then I lose the signal in the mountains but the term stuck. So I starting thinking of "bands made up of other bands" and here is my short list.

Perfect Circle
    Mad Season
    Temple of the Dog
    Manic Hispanic
    Velvet Revolver
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Damn Yankees
    The Firm

I limited my thought process to side projects for active bands, not "the singer died and we got another one and changed our band name" or some sort of analog.

Any more out there????
    You Look Like I Need A Drink

Re: This is what eight hours of driving will do to you....

Audioslave
    Ratdog
    X-pensive Winos
    Desert Rose
    Travelling Wilburys

Comment

There are literally thousands out there...

I know of at least 8 musicians playing in multiple bands that I can think of off the top of my head.

(And that's just locally)

A classmate Fernando plays in 4 bands... Pimbot, Go Jimmy Go, The Bender Trio, and Dr. Zaius.

As well as being a DJ on one of the more popular radio stations here in Hawaii

http://www.myspace.com/fernandothelovemachine

Comment

Supernova
        New band with reality tv show to recruit the lead singer.

Comment

Stubborn Boogie????
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

My english not so good so I just want to clarify something. Think of bands that the members went out and did something else, but came back to the original band.

Think "side projects"

Does that make any sense????

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
              So, I am driving along and in hour one a song by the Raconteurs came on and DJ used the term "band made up of other bands". Then I lose the signal in the mountains but the term stuck. So I starting thinking of "bands made up of other bands" and here is my short list.

Perfect Circle
              Mad Season
              Temple of the Dog
              Manic Hispanic
              Velvet Revolver
              Queens of the Stone Age
              Damn Yankees
              The Firm

I limited my thought process to side projects for active bands, not "the singer died and we got another one and changed our band name" or some sort of analog.

Any more out there????
              The Posies... Throwing in that just for you from the Northwest....

I was locker partners with Jon

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                The Posies... Throwing in that just for you from the Northwest....

I was locker partners with Jon

I Love The Posies!!! Nice clean retro sound. Saw them many times and followed them to Victoria B.C. on one gig. They opened for a reggae band (I think Aswad) and all I can say is that reggae concerts should be held outdoors with them preferably performing downwind. My eyes were watering in that cramped club.

Comment

'
                  " 'Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.' "

That is so true nachodaddy! It had to be , for me, all those hours on the roads then freeways of the mainland. I remember 36-72 hour "auto" journeys, maybe more hours than that., i dont know the windows were up for spells or else all the time and mom and dad were lighting matchess...only in jail did i learn that one could light one's cigarate with another's... hours on hours of filling up with gas (@~ US$0. 22 per gallon), and ridiing, and riding, and riding,,,, eventually driving those same roads, routes at times, in search of a "home", at other times hitchhiking to, somewhere else....into the tipping point when a mainland haole didn't have to pay ~$US3oo for a round-trip, paying instead just $US15o one -way, ticket to go Hawaii see his sister and two of his brothers the latter of whom in late 1984 he had not seen for more than seven years.., and so..

that's what driving for hour after after hour will do to one...only chance makes heaven one's doorstep...no body here choze to be here...who of us chose to be alive in the first place, muchless choze to be here? wherever 'here' is at each moment for any of us.

re: 'heaven at one's doorstep' ---Earth is Humanity's First Doorstep and look what's been and being done with It !
                  Last edited by waioli kai; July 10, 2006, 11:00 PM.

Comment

"This is what eight hours of driving will do to you"
                    da hellya do? go around oahu 5 times?!

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      UPS, Fed-ex, Wonder bread, Fritos, delivery-sort makes about 5-7 hrs of driving.

Comment

granted. but nacho hisself... sez sumpin about 8 hours drivin.

Comment

granted. but nacho hisself... sez sumpin about 8 hours drivin.
                          Maybe sittin in an armored vehicle on the US military tab, movin or otherwise, maybe a simulator

Comment

When I first moved to the mainland, I was so excited at the concept that it was all connected. You could literally walk to the anywhere if you had the time.

During the early nineties, I spent a few years "following the Grateful Dead" and drove back and forth from San Francisco to New York over twenty times.

From Los Angeles along route 66 is 24 hours of driving to Oklahoma City, and from there to New York is another 24 hours.

I've done each leg in three 8 hour days, two 12 hour days, and once even as 24 hours in a row only stopping for gas and coffee. I don't recommend this last one, my teeth hurt for two days after that.

Some strange things happen when you are on the road for that long. Strange.

Comment

.............backwards, with a lawn tractor, with one flat tire.

Comment

Working...
                              X