Gov. Lingle vetoes 27 bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov. Lingle vetoes 27 bills

Here's the list of the bills that won't become law this year. Are there any that make you mad because they weren't signed into law? And here are the Governor's reasons for vetoing each bill.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; July 11, 2006, 04:51 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Gov. Lingle vetoes 27 bills

I'm happy all of those got vetoed, especially SB 3181 which would have applied the additional bottle tax to containers of 68oz. I wish our Governor had more courage to veto more bills in addition to the 32 she vetoed this year. Too many bad bills get passed every session. It's getting harder and harder to hold our money where it belongs... in our own wallets!!!!!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: Gov. Lingle vetoes 27 bills

I'm fine with the veto on the bill affecting the HI-5 deposit on 2-liter bottles, and with the main explanation -- that single-serve containers constitute most of the recyclable material and a significant portion of litter. But Lingle also said something like, "The bill would have also put most of the burden on larger families (implying low income families?) who are more likely to buy drinks in 2-liter containers."

It just struck me as a bizzare thing to say. I really don't think family size is the main reason for buying Coke or Pepsi in big bottles, and if making ends meet are the issue, you might just want to reconsider that supply of Mountain Dew. I would've said the veto was to defend good Americans who throw big parties!

Comment

Working...
      X