Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the dot next to my name mean?

didn't see it anywhere i searched.

and I'm tired of searching.

so I query;

what da heck's that dot next to my name?! why is it different color than others?

I know it doesn't signify the qty of posts of mine, cuz that is what the second smaller nickname represents.
    (I am proud to be, for the time being, any one of a number of higher ups such as; Foreman, boss, leader, overseer, supervisor, headman, officer of any sort, commissioner, superintendent.) (luna) (so you guys better do what i say!)
    Last edited by kimo55; August 24, 2004, 03:05 PM.

Re: dude, what dat dot dere!?

It is the on-line status. If it is green then that person is currently using HawaiiThreads.com. If it is not (which is purple, well at least to me it is) then they are not using HawaiiThreads.com.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      It is the on-line status. If it is green then that person is currently using HawaiiThreads.com. If it is not (which is purple, well at least to me it is) then they are not using HawaiiThreads.com.

sooo. that helps me to know when I am on and when i am NOT on?!

that is very good...
      i guess.

wait...

Comment

sooo. that helps me to know when I am on and when i am NOT on?!
        It helps you to know when other users are on (or not on). If you're reading a thread and one of the participants has a green dot, you know you can drop them a PM, or post a reply with a greater expectation that you'll get a response sooner rather than later. A thread with lots of green dots (like the Wal-Mart thread yesterday!) is one we can therefore expect to grow pretty quickly.

Moving your mouse over the dot, in most browsers, would have spilled the beans - your green dot says, "kimo55 is online now."

It's just another way to see who is online.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
          Moving your mouse over the dot, in most browsers, would have spilled the beans - your green dot says, "kimo55 is online now."
          Doesn't work in my version of Safari, Mac OSX.

BTW, I usually have a red dot next to my name.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

LOL! Mine is green, it'll only turn blue when you have escaped from my presence.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
              Doesn't work in my version of Safari, Mac OSX.
              That's surprising. It's a standard IMG ALT tag. If you don't get the ALT text with a mouseover, it might appear in the status bar. I'm not sure, though.

BTW, I usually have a red dot next to my name.
              Ah, yes. That's when you have your preferences set to "Use Invisible Mode," meaning other people can't see that you're on the site. Everyone else will see the "Offline" blue, but you'll see the "Invisible" red.

Comment

What is the Dot next to my name mean?

I read the FAQ's and couldn't find anything regarding the Dots that change color by your user name...

Can this be explained or please show me a link where this may have been talked about before.

Mahalo,

Manoasurfer123

Comment

Re: What is the Dot next to my name mean?

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                  I read the FAQ's and couldn't find anything regarding the Dots that change color by your user name...

Can this be explained or please show me a link where this may have been talked about before.

Mahalo,

Manoasurfer123
                  Green means you're online and visible; blue/gray means you're not online, red means you're online in stealth mode (but I think only you see that you're online when you're in stealth mode).
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

It's a Mood Dot. If it's green, you're not in a good mood, so HT is warning you not to post anything. If it's grey, you're clear. Post away. If it's red, Kimo's online.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                      It's a Mood Dot. If it's green, you're not in a good mood, so HT is warning you not to post anything. If it's grey, you're clear. Post away. If it's red, Kimo's online.
                      Methinks Mr. Scriv is back to his good old sweet natured self again!
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                        Does that include red w/ a blue circle around it?

Comment

Re: What does the dot next to my name mean?

Is The Great Dot Debate gonna be the next chiclet-kine issue?

(Gawd, I hope not.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm trying to be serious about this...and have yet to receive an administrators post on this topic.

Comment

It's on response #7, as well as #9 of this thread. To summarize:

For yourself:
                              green - you are on-line
                              red - you are on-line but you set your User CP option to Invisible mode
                              purple - you enter HawaiiThreads as a guest (and may need to login if you want to post things)

For other users:
                              green - they are on-line
                              purple - they are off-line or have set their User CP option to Invisible mode
                              Last edited by helen; July 11, 2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X