Long's TV spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long's TV spot

Ok, my apologies for flooding the board with 3 consecutive threads...

But I see that Longs TV spot every night (the one where the mom comes home and her 3 kids are bugging her with money-related stuff like, "mom, I've been thinking about college."). Her daughter's laying on the couch and whines something about geometry. I've seen the commercial about 39897071597109571 times, and I STILL can't understand wtheck she's bugging her mom about. Did anyone catch it?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Long's TV spot

You know what? I, too, have seen this ad several times, but must immediately tune it out, 'cause I couldn't tell you what the premise is at all. Must be way too much exposition for a department store ad, in that case.

Or is it just that what the daughter says is unintelligible? If that's the case... local TV ads have a history of hiring mumblers. Just look at the Oceanic OKC Club ads!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      local TV ads have a history of hiring mumblers. Just look at the Oceanic OKC Club ads!
      haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah yuk

I remember those ads..."I need a tax shelter!"
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        local TV ads have a history of hiring mumblers. Just look at the Oceanic OKC Club ads!
        No hiring involved, just kids of said company's employees. Cheaper labor I guess. And has anyone ever fully explained what the MYTV club is or how to join or what they do I know they must have YEARS ago, but it seems like they think TV viewers know what the club is trying to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
          And has anyone ever fully explained what the MYTV club is or how to join or what they do I know they must have YEARS ago, but it seems like they think TV viewers know what the club is trying to accomplish.
          I was in HS when they first established OKC/MYTV and that card just gave you discounts, just like the commercials. I didn't get much from it besides 10% at Zippy's and 99 cent Slurpees from 7-11. They're not really accomplishing anything else.
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

when i was looking at doing commercials with oceanic, they were pushing the mytv spots for $800/mo, "a great way to get alot of ads promoting <your product or service here> to a target demographic"
            i still dont know what mytv, kupaa, or key-z does however.
            at least they got rid of the commercial with the kid doing the eyebrow thing.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Saw this ad again. How that take made it to the final cut, I have no idea. The "daughter" is slouching on the couch, and barely manages a guttural mumble. I think she says something like, "Do rock stars really need to know algebra?" If that's what she said, I don't know exactly how that inspires her to go to Longs... unless it's to get that kid a back brace.

Comment

Working...
              X