Ala Wai Harbor loses another 100 slips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ala Wai Harbor loses another 100 slips

I couldn't decide whether to put this in the Player's Place section or here, but since this Hawaii Hall section is about "Politics, Policy & Politicians" it does seem appropriate here, as the horrible condition of our Hawai`i marinas and harbors can in fact be blamed squarely on Politics, Policy & Politicians.
    The Ala Wai Harbor has become a laughingstock among the nautical media throughout the boating world, and even worse news surfaced today here in the Star-Bulletin. This is nothing short of outrageous!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Ala Wai Harbor loses another 100 slips

The story five days ago here in the Star-Bulletin said the Ala Wai would lose about 100 slips. However...
    A story in today's Honolulu Advertiser says it will be 170 slips! Story and photos are at this link.
    Un-freakin-believable!

Forgive the Advertiser for the mistakes, by the way. The writer refers to the Ala Wai Yacht Club, which doesn't exist; he means the Hawaii Yacht Club. And he also mentions the concrete "spalding" when he meant "spalling".
    Last edited by LikaNui; July 21, 2006, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Hawaii could have and should have been a Boating Mecca. With Marinas and facilities all over the state. But... instead it's impossible to uncomfortable to live on or even keep a boat here. Cruising sailors from the Northwest and West Coast should want to stop here for awhile on their journeys towards the South Pacific, but just sail down the coast further in order to cross towards the Marquesas instead. There is nothing to offer them so why stop in Hawaii? What a rediculous mess.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Check out Dick Adair's cartoon in today's Advertiser!

Comment

Working...
        X