Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What comics (strips) do you like to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What comics (strips) do you like to read?

I enjoy reading either Garfield or The Peanuts comic strips (although I read other online comics, since this is "book-based" section, I won't elaborate.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What comics (strips) do you like to read?

I curse the day Non Sequitur was removed from our pages (can't remember which paper, since I read them all together).

Zits, because I recognize Jeremy.

Peanuts, because it's un-American not to read about Charlie Brown (it may be unconstitutional, too).

Bring back Steve Canyon, Terry and the Pirates, Mary Worth, Apartment 3-G, and Rex Morgan, M.D. !!
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Non Sequitur was in the Adverister.

I get both papers.

Strips that I read are Foxtrot, Pearls before Swine, Frazz, Baby Blues, Blondie, Beattle Baliey, Peanuts, Garfield, Get Fuzzy, Shoe, Dilbert, Pickles, Mother Goose and Grimm, Zits, and Hagger the Horible.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
        Non Sequitur was in the Adverister.

I get both papers.

Strips that I read are Foxtrot, Pearls before Swine, Frazz, Baby Blues, Blondie, Beattle Baliey, Peanuts, Garfield, Get Fuzzy, Shoe, Dilbert, Pickles, Mother Goose and Grimm, Zits, and Hagger the Horible.
        Well, actually I read all of the ones that are in each paper. There's not one I skip because I don't like it.

Oh, can't forget Sylvia on the inside page of the Living section.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Pearls Before Swine, Get Fuzzy, Dilbert, The Boondocks, and Over the Hedge.

Comment

Calvin & Hobbes (THEY ROCK!)

Foxtrot

Comment

Sherman's Lagoon.

I love the polar bear...........
              You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I'm like Linkmeister and will ready whatever is in the paper. I also go to the comics section in yahoo to get my daily dose of the funnies.

Here are my favorite strips: Baby Blues, Cleats, For Better or Worse, Foxtrot, Luann, Mutts, Non Sequitur, Opus, Over the Hedge, Peanuts, Pickles, PreTeena, and Sherman's Lagoon.
                Last edited by lilin; July 18, 2006, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
                  I enjoy reading either Garfield or The Peanuts comic strips (although I read other online comics, since this is "book-based" section, I won't elaborate.)
                  I'm with you on that. I like Garfield &/or The Peanuts comic strips. They are pretty funny .

My hubby use to like Luann, but I think he got lost in transit , & couldn't keep up with the story anymore, because he got so busy. Oh well.

No loss there .
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Currently running strips: For Better or For Worse, Lucky Cow, Sherman's Lagoon, Classic Peanuts, Garfield, Zits, Dilbert.

Comment

Between Friends, Baby Blues, One Big Happy, Foxtrot, Sally Forth. What do they all have in common? Momness. Being a mom is such a challenge, and each of these gives me something within my own life to laugh or cry about.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I could agree with you that Between Friends and Sally Forth are strips where the main characters are moms. Foxtrot and Baby Blues are family dymanics with the mom character and themes drive part of the strips' plot (and humor).

One Big Happy, I dunno about that one. The times I read that strip it's mostly about that girl Ruthie and to me she's not much a likeable character.

Comment

Ruthie comes up with some doozies and so do my girls. I see Ruthie's mom on occasion and she looks like she is going to bust up laughing or go crazy. If you ever get to see me, those are my most frequent states.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Get Fuzzy
                            Pearls Before Swine
                            Mutts
                            The Boondocks
                            Doonesbury
                            Dilbert
                            Peanuts (glad to see the complete collection being issued these days)
                            Calvin & Hobbes (I have the "complete" collection)
                            The Far Side (I have the "complete" collection)
                            Bizarro
                            Frazz
                            Red Meat
                            Get Your War On

~~~ Available online only:
                            Sluggy Freelance
                            Toothpaste For Dinner
                            Married To The Sea
                            Last edited by Leo Lakio; July 19, 2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I was reading in Sunday Advertiser (12/17/06) that they are dropping Foxtrot from the Advertiser after December 30 and they are in the process of choosing one of three strips.

I couldn't find the article on the Advertiser web site but I did find out that Bill Amend the cartoonist is switching to a Sunday only strip starting on December 31 according to this article from the Universal Press Syndicate.

The bummer part is neither the Advertiser or the Star-Bulletin carries Foxtrot on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X