Tried the new Coke Blak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried the new Coke Blak?

I just tried it today. I must say it's one of the weirdest beverage experiences I've ever had. I never been to it's official site (http://www.coca-colablak.com/us/index.jsp) until after I drank it. If I did, I never would've bought this carbonated coffee drink.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Tried the new Coke Blak?

I've tired it once before. It's weird how it tasts like Coca-Cola at first and then a second later you can taste the coffee flavour.

Comment

I tried it. It was ok for me but I didn't notice any additional kick a la the kind you're supposed to get from Red Bull, and it didn't taste good enough for me to want to pay the price for another.

Comment

I've seen Coca-Cola Blak for sale in 4-pack containers, and if I recall, the average price of them are around $5.29. I haven't seen a single unit for sale yet. I'm not willing to shell out that much for a 4-pack of a beverage that I doubt I would enjoy...the idea of Coca-Cola and coffee? Another negative about this drink to me is that I think it contains some sort of artificial sweetner, like aspertame. Aspertame, Nutrasweet, Splenda, et al, all give me nasty headaches after consuming them. (When possible, I try to get my li-hing mui and other crackseed in non-aspertame varieties) If I can find a single bottle of it for sale, I might try it just to taste it, but I doubt I'd ever be a repeat buyer of it. I have a feeling this drink is going to be a bust as don't see any kind of promotion or advertising of it from Coke. I see large displays of it on sale in some stores, but never any buyers it; the displays sit largely ignored with little evidence of anyone buying the drink.
        Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; July 19, 2006, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Never tried it...just looks and sounds horrible lol. I dont like coffee and I cant imagine adding coke would make it taste any better lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
            /snip
            If I can find a single bottle of it for sale, I might try it just to taste it, but I doubt I'd ever be a repeat buyer of it. I have a feeling this drink is going to be a bust as don't see any kind of promotion or advertising of it from Coke. I see large displays of it on sale in some stores, but never any buyers it; the displays sit largely ignored with little evidence of anyone buying the drink.
            Downtown Macy's restaurant sells individual bottles of Coke Blak.

Comment

That's right. I've eyed the bottles suspiciously, but never grabbed one. The concept isn't particularly appealing to me, but trying something new generally is. I just might try it, especially if its prospects of survival are as poor as Surfingfarmboy suspects.

Coke plus coffee? Well, it sure would be an interesting answer to the office debate over whether soda or coffee in the morning is better for that early energy boost!

By the by, Surfingfarmboy probably won't be able to visit the downtown Macy's for a while. Or at least, the one in downtown Honolulu!

Comment

It'll probably flop like all the others. Pepsi test marketed a beverage they called "Pepsi Kona" in NYC that went nowhere beyond that pilot. Starbucks tried out Mezzagrand (I think that was its name) in California and that never got anywhere either.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  By the by, Surfingfarmboy probably won't be able to visit the downtown Macy's for a while. Or at least, the one in downtown Honolulu!
                  I'm counting the days until December 1. If anybody happens to ask me, on this upcoming August 2, when I'll be back in Hawaii, I'll tell them just "slightly" over 3 months...and that ain't lying!

BTW, as this is a thread about Coca-Cola with coffee flavoring, I thought I'd mention that coffee flavored gelatin is available here in the Northeast. It's sold in a box just like Jello-O, the only difference is that the brand name of the company who makes it is known as Plymouth Rock. Talk about an odd flavor of gelatin! But this is to be expected where the official state drink (of RI) is a concoction known as coffee milk.
                  Last edited by Surfingfarmboy; July 20, 2006, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
                    I'm counting the days until December 1. If anybody happens to ask me, on this upcoming August 2, when I'll be back in Hawaii, I'll tell them just "slightly" over 3 months...and that ain't lying!

BTW, as this is a thread about Coca-Cola with coffee flavoring, I thought I'd mention that coffee flavored gelatin is available here in the Northeast. It's sold in a box just like Jello-O, the only difference is that the brand name of the company who makes it is known as Plymouth Rock. Talk about an odd flavor of gelatin! But this is to be expected where the official state drink (of RI) is a concoction known as coffee milk.
                    Well, hopefully the product will last at least long enough for you to try it if you so desire

I went to that french restaurant in the Medical Arts building and ordered a fish dish purely because it included "broccoli cappucino". I asked the server if that was what I thought it was and she said, yep, broccoli and cappucino made into a foam topping the fish. So I had to try. It was actually good but I didn't taste any cappucino.

Comment

Tried Coke Blech by accident. My sister bought it, poured it over ice and fed it to her unsuspecting (and previously doting) big sister. As old as we are, I almost kicked her @ss. Needless to say, that thirtysomething yr old punk thought it was soooooo funny.

pax

Comment

I saw a four-pack at Ranch 99 for 2 bucks or so. I took it home and tried it. Found the flavor combination of coca-cola and coffee strangely satisfying. Then I laid down and took a nap. If there is supposed to be a "kick" to this overpriced, tarted up coke drink, I didn't feel it. Won't waste my money on this gimmick again.

I really like coca-cola (the non-diet kind), no....love it! But it is terrible for my waist line. I don't keep it in my house and I really try to limit my intake of it.
                        You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

I dunno why, but Coke, the "real" one, not the Blak, lime, cherry, vanilla, whatever one, seems to me to taste better in a glass cup than out of the bottle/can or from a plastic or paper cup.

Comment

I'm gonna keep my eyes out for this one. I like the taste of coffee (black) and I prefer the taste of Coke (over Pepsi) so this should be an interesting combination.

But why wait? I got a can of Coke in the fridge and a carafe of coffee on the Mr. Coffee machine!

Oh well I'll check it out later.
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

saw the individual bottles for these @ Safeway in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X