Hiss, Harris.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiss, Harris.

ian lind tells us: harris was spotted in Victoria, British Columbia, and quoted in a paper when he spoke at a meeting...
    "When the garbage truck goes by, it smells great," says Harris.
    "Harris gave Victoria BC credit for inspiring a change in Waikiki: they took the hanging basket idea from us."
    So. THAT'S where hanging baskets came from!

Re: Hiss, harris.

Dear god. The man is still collecting paychecks on the speaking circuit, whereupon he tells grand tales about how he turned Honolulu into a first class city? Absolutely apalling.

Here's the article in the Victoria newspaper that Ian linked. Get this: He's giving advice on handling sewage infrastructure! For the love of god, don't any of these civic planners or engineering groups Google before extending speaking invitations? How hard can it be? "Jeremy Harris sewage."

Says he's apartment hunting there. Canada can have him.

Comment

huh, so are Harris and/or Ben Lee living in Canada now? I wondered where they'd gotten to.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        For the love of god, don't any of these civic planners or engineering groups Google before extending speaking invitations? How hard can it be? "Jeremy Harris sewage."
        What cracked me up is that if you hit that Google search link, there are 79,600 results!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          What cracked me up is that if you hit that Google search link, there are 79,600 results!
          yea but the first few pages are the only ones with
          our" jeremy harris and the sewage subject.
          the unrelated rest:
          harris fonebone.
          Sewage run by jeremy farnsworth in New jersey...
          etc..

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            yea but the first few pages are the only ones with
            our" jeremy harris and the sewage subject.
            Darn. Well, it seemed logical at the time.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Re: Hiss, Harris.

I wanna know how come dey neva arrest the SOB yet? Is he protected by some kind of Law or sumting? What gives? Somebody please explain. Isn't there such a thing as Due Process? I like know.

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I have to say I was one of the many people fooled by Jeremy Harris. I really thought this guy was hero. It’s amazing how politicians can pull the wool over the eyes of the average citizen. I dare say most Harris critics (including myself) didn’t see his true colors until the truth came out about the ‘Ewa Villages scandal, major election campaign violations, and his raiding of city sewer funds/ creation of “secret” privately financed funds — to pay for pet projects, PR stunt “visioning committee” plans, a plaque dedicated to him and his cronies, and a book about himself and his legacy in Honolulu.

Will we ever find out the truth about former Maui beauty queen Lisa Otsuka (who was arrested on promoting prostitution charges in 2002) and her alleged receipt of $90,000 of Harris “campaign services” money? And what “services” did she perform for him?

What ever happened to that Kaua‘i Community College instructor with big plans for Hawai‘i’s environment, economy and quality of life for its citizens? I guess his short-lived bid for Governor really put things in perspective. It was always about Harris the legend, not Harris, the man who helped Hawai‘i.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Looks like the auditor finally released the report on Jeremy Harris’ global tour in 2004. It must be nice to be the mayor.

Audit of Harris travels ignites calls for reform
                  From June through December 2004, Harris traveled out of state 19 times to such destinations as Japan, China, Sweden, Canada, Australia and Washington, D.C., according to travel records. Ten of the trips were paid for in whole or in part by third parties.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

My favorite was when Harris held a "sustainability" conference/lecture/'Norwegian Cruise Lines Sales Pitch" on the NCL cruiseship. They made everyone drive down to the parking lot behind the HPD hq then packed everyone onto tour buses to drive half a mile to Aloha Tower. Wow. Total BS.

Jewlipino

Comment

So how come he still neva get arrested?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        So how come he still neva get arrested?

Auntie Lynn

rumor has it....cuz boisse is still in office..the people that were assigned to investigate Harris were relieved of their posts/retired when boisse got chief...so croooooked i tell you..

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree
                          rumor has it....cuz boisse is still in office..the people that were assigned to investigate Harris were relieved of their posts/retired when boisse got chief...so croooooked i tell you..
                          That's a pretty big rumor!

You have any links to back it up?

Not that I don't believe you... it's just I'd like to see some facts behind a rumor.

Comment

Yeah, I heard of dat Rumor too. Dang!!! Of all the nerve!!!

No wonder.

Das what I've been saying all along.

The crooks are still in there. Our hopes are in the New Breed of HPD Officers who have been joining the Foce the past few years and the New Ones coming in. It is they who are going to clean out the ukapila opala in which the crooked and their cronies have made.

Yes, they are many seasoned Officers who are excellent in what they do. However, the few who are bad apples must be taken out for they are continuing to make the bunch rotten to the core!!!

Hurry up FBI do what you gotta do.

Auntie Lynn

Btw: It's such a lovely day in Hawai'i nei!

Comment

I believe it's beyond mere rumors. Major Dan Hanagami had investigated the internal scandal regarding the cellblock prisoners' food being diverted. Other investigations by Maj. Hanagami were terminated after Chief Correa took over the helm of HPD.

Comment

Working...
                              X