Martial Arts in Hawai'i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martial Arts in Hawai'i?

Does anyone know any good martial arts schools in Hawai'i? Preferably nothing too westernized. Again, no plan yet to return with a definitive date, but I like to acquire information well in advance :P

Re: Martial Arts in Hawai'i?

You haven't specifiec as to what type of marital art training or discpline you want to learn, whether it's Japanes Karate, or Chinese Kung Fu or Filipino Escrima, Thai Kick Boxing I could go on you know. Of lately there have been many martial art systems that have adapted to the western style of teaching many are teaching two styles of fighting as oppose to one because they think it will make them a better fighter, as Bruce Lee once taught never stick too one form always adapt and learn. The bad thing about that is that one style teaches you to do something while the other style is in oppose to it so they cancel certain moves and mold it into one fighting style which destroys the essence of the art, and therefore goes from being an art to a form of just fighting. I am sure you find something to soothe your needs their are plenty of discplines, sadly the teacher I was taking from past away years ago so I haven't studied anything since. I wouldn't know who to refer you to, check the newspapers their always adds.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

A good source of information can be found at Hawaii's Martial Art Academies/Dojos on the island of Oahu
      http://www.onzuka.com/oahu.html

Also, I heard through many friends Tiwanak is a great teacher.

Aloha and Good Luck

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I used to train here until recently: HMC Academy

Kevin and Haru are the best instructors ever! Go check it out!
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro
          You haven't specifiec as to what type of marital art training or discpline you want to learn, whether it's Japanes Karate, or Chinese Kung Fu or Filipino Escrima, Thai Kick Boxing I could go on you know.
          Well, I'm actually open to try anything, but I already did Tae Kwon Do for a number of years, so I would like to try something new this time, although I seem to be gravitating toward any one of the Japanese styles.

Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Working...
          X