Ford employee chases spy photographer in 2008 F-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford employee chases spy photographer in 2008 F-250

So I'm cruising around today and I come across a 2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Powerstroke just sitting in a public parking lot with no one in it. Has the zebra stripe sticker camouflage all over it. Not really too exciting, there have been about a million spy photos of the Super Duties in the last 6-8 months. I shoot a little anyway since I didn't have anything better to do at that moment. You never know, maybe the photos will sell.

Im parked right next to it and I shoot the interior a little and shoot a detail shot of the side vents. Then a guy comes up behind the pickup, so I immediately pull away and go down the street to set up so I can shoot him driving it away. So he drives away and Im shooting and he sees me of course. He stops the pickup right next to me, gives me that normal "you turd" look that spy photographers often get, then puts the pickup in reverse and goes 20-30 yards backwards to the spot where he was parked. Parks, gets out, and starts walking towards me looking less than pleased. We usually try to avoid confrontation with the engineers at all costs because it really never does anyone any good. That usually goes like: "You can't photograph this vehicle" "Yes we can, you're in public" "Grrrr"

Anyhow I leave before he's halfway to me and just pull around the corner out of his view. The engineer leaves so I start following from a distance. Through stop lights and cars turning off the road, I end up on his tail again in 2 or 3 mins. Im sure he knows Im behind him but I also know where he's going and it's only another 1/2 mile down the road. So I figured I'd follow him to there, get what I could, and be done with it.

It quickly becomes obvious that he isn't going to this certain spot because he doesn't want me to see where he goes. I pull off on a side street and he continues down the road past the spot. He turns around and starts back towards the spot, so I go back to the intersection to shoot him going by. This was going to be my last shot before I went on to look for something else.

But.....then things went ape <swear word.>.

This guy barrels towards me while Im sitting at the intersection and it looks like he's just going to flat out ram me. Instead he uses the Super Duty to block the *entire* intersection and parks about 1 foot off my front bumper (apparently he thought being an engineer from Ford gave him the powers of a police officer) Anyhow, I guess he thought that would stop me from going anywhere. However I have this neat little thing on my transmission called.........reverse. So I drop it into "R" and floor it. I get turned around and take off in the other direction. In about 15 seconds I can see him flying down the street after me in my mirrors. Know how black smoke pours out of diesels when you put the hammer down? Yea. Lots of black smoke.
    Source and more info here
    Last edited by adrian; July 24, 2006, 07:26 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?
Working...
X